|“||Well, apparently, that is a message from 50 years ago that we have not, as of yet, made.||”|
— Balthazar Cavendish
|“||Professor Time? My name is Milo Murphy, and we need your help.||”|
— Milo Murphy
As Milo, Zack, and Melissa plummet from a hot air balloon basket they land in Cavendish and Dakota's time vehicle. Soon after, Milo gets a cell message from Dakota from 1965. He goes with the time travelers to the studio where The Doctor Zone Files is filmed for answers. Back in the present, various citizens of Danville start to act weird and hunt down Zack and Melissa until they are captured, which is witnessed by Diogee.
Back in 1965, they are filming the pilot episode of Doctor Zone — with Milo reciting what we heard himself say in the present — when an intern is revealed to be Derek, the last kin of King Pistachion, in the midst of his own world-domination scheme. Milo, the time travelers, and Orton Mahlson jump into the time stream, but they are low on time juice and are at risk of being trapped in the time stream forever if they run out.
After they arrive in Danville two weeks after they went to 1965, they talk about Derek's plan and realize it has been in the works since 1965. After escaping the Pistachions, they see Sara being taken away in a van to Lard World. They watch as she is replaced by a Pistachion and locked up with the other residents of Danville. Milo tries to free his friends and family but they tell him to flee. After that, Milo, Cavendish, Dakota, and Orton are chased around the theme park. Diogee helps them escape, and they all sail down the sewers in a conveniently placed boat. Milo asks Lardee Boy for help, but it turns out that Lardee Boy has been replaced by a huge Pistachion.
After escaping the Pistachion, they decide to seek out Professor Time, the man who invented time-travel, and ask him to help them travel back to 1965 to prevent all this from happening. When they reach the address on Cavendish's directional pointer, they find Heinz Doofenshmirtz angry to see them and not a pizza delivery guy in his trap.
TO BE CONTINUED comes on the screen.
For a full transcript of "Fungus Among Us", click here.
Diogee, Go Home!
Milo: See you guys later! (Diogee barks.) No. Stay home, Diogee.
Milo: Diogee, go ho— (Diogee whines and starts sadly to go home) Wait, wait, wait. Diogee, (Diogee stops) do not go home. (Diogee's ears perk up) It's not safe. Stay with us. (Diogee bounds happily into Milo's arms and licks him) Okay, okay! Down, boy! Come on!
|The image gallery for Fungus Among Us may be viewed here.|
- April 21, 2018 (Japan)
- February 10, 2019 (Southeast Asia)
- The episode title refers to the saying "at ease disease, there's a fungus among us", which meaning goes along the lines of "when things go wrong, it's because of a traitor between us". This describes the premise of the episode of Derek disguising himself as a human to plan the second Pistachion takeover.
- This makes Fungus Among Us one of the few instances the saying is used exclusively because of its meaning, since there tends to be confusion about what it exactly means. Most media that reference this saying instead attribute it to fungi and mushrooms (which Fungus Among Us don't feature whatsoever).
- This was the second special of Milo Murphy's Law. (Missing Milo)
- Vinnie Dakota reclaims one of "his" clocks. (Missing Milo)
- This episode is the first to physically include any Phineas and Ferb characters.
- Currently, the only characters who are known not to be imprisoned and replaced by Pistachions are Milo, Cavendish, Dakota, Diogee, 1965 Orton Mahlson, and Heinz Doofenshmirtz.
- Sara remembers the Pistachions and Diogee's role in their defeat. (Missing Milo)
- This is the first time Milo tells Diogee to stay with him.
- This is also the first time Melissa loses a bet to someone.
- Zack mentions having at least two little brothers.
- Milo remembers that Dakota calls Pistachions "nutjobbers". (Missing Milo)
- Despite A Christmas Peril being the last season 1 episode to air, this is considered the first-season finale. The continuation of this episode's story arc will take place in The Phineas and Ferb Effect, which is the first second-season episode. Fungus Among Us has production code 121, which means that season 1 had twenty-one half-hours; hence, it was considered to be the finale.
- This is the second episode with a cold open. (Going the Extra Milo)
- This episode reveals that the address for Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated is 9297 Polly Parkway.
- Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In - The short scene of Dakota dancing in a scanty bathing suit and body paint is an allusion to the 1960's variety show which often segued from one skit to another via a similar scene, ending with a close-up of one of the phrases.
- Icarus - When Milo and his friends are falling from the sky, he references the myth when he says "that was too close to the sun".
- Invasion of the Body Snatchers - The Pistachions posing as the people they captured is similar to the Pod People (the Body Snatchers) resembling the people that sleep. The concept is also explored in the Phineas and Ferb episode Invasion of the Ferb Snatchers.
- SpongeBob SquarePants - A time card with a floral pattern with a voice-over saying two hours later in a French accent is shown, something that is common on the nicktoon SpongeBob SquarePants.
- The Time Ape image on Sara's shirt is absent during several shots of the episode, but reappears in her final appearance in the episode.
- While he's dancing, the violet "FREE LUNCH BABY" on Vinnie's left thigh disappears and reappears several times.
- Despite the claim that time-travel had not been invented during the present events of the series, Dan Povenmire and Jeff "Swampy" Marsh's previous series, Phineas and Ferb, showed the existence of a time machine in their episode"It's About Time, and the events of Phineas and Ferb have been confirmed to take place before Milo Murphy's Law.
- However, Phineas and Ferb’s time travel adventures might not have been known to the general public in the mid-late twenty-second century. Leaving the masses in the dark about time travel in the twenty-first century.
- Greg Cipes and Phil LaMarr are credited for voicing Mort and Marcus Underwood, despite the two not appearing in the episode.
- When Milo starts talking to the figure walking towards the door, his arm and the rest of the net gets cropped.
- At the end of the credit, Heinz Doofenshmirtz's hair is colored as his skin color.
Cast and Characters
- Al Yankovic as Milo Murphy
- Mekai Curtis as Zack Underwood, Derek (intern disguise)
- Sabrina Carpenter as Melissa Chase
- Jeff "Swampy" Marsh as Balthazar Cavendish
- Dan Povenmire as Vinnie Dakota, Heinz Doofenshmirtz
- Jemaine Clement as Orton Mahlson (from past)
- Peter Stormare as Tobias Trollhammer (in the past)
- Kate Micucci as Sara Murphy
- Pamela Adlon as Brigette Murphy
- Diedrich Bader as Martin Murphy
- Dee Bradley Baker as Diogee, Sid
- Phoebe S. Hughes as Joni
- Kyle Drako (Pistachion in disguise)
- Amanda Lopez (Pistachion in disguise)
- The Lumbermaxes (Pistachions in disguises)
- Chad Van Coff (does not speak)
- Brick (cameo)
- Savannah (cameo)
- Kris (cameo in a cage)
- Wally (cameo in a cage)
- Giant Pistachion
- Mort Schaeffer (name mistakenly credited)
- Marcus Underwood (name mistakenly credited)
- ↑ http://tvlistings.zap2it.com/tv/milo-murphys-law-fungus-among-us/EP023630960057?aid=zap2it
- ↑ http://www.disneyabcpress.com/disneyxd/shows/milo-murphys-law
- ↑ http://www.animationmagazine.net/tv/phineas-and-ferb-foil-doofenshmirtz-makes-his-milo-murphy-debut/
The Island of Lost Dakotas
Milo Murphy's Halloween Scream-A-Torium!
|Primary Story Arc Episodes|
|B.O.T.T. Introduction Arc||The Doctor Zone Files • Smooth Opera-tor • Worked Day • Family Vacation • Murphy's Lard • Secrets and Pies • The Substitute • Time Out|
|Counteragent Arc||Time Out • We're Going to the Zoo • School Dance • The Little Engine That Couldn't • Star Struck • Missing Milo|
|Pistachions Arc||The Substitute • The Llama Incident • Missing Milo • Perchance to Sleepwalk • The Race • Fungus Among Us • The Phineas and Ferb Effect|
|Doofenshmirtz Arc||The Phineas and Ferb Effect • Agee Ientee Diogee • Cake 'Splosion! • Doof's Day Out • Disco Do-Over • The Ticking Clock|
|P.I.G. Arc||Snow Way Out • Picture Day • Game Night • Lady Krillers • Disco Do-Over • Managing Murphy's Law|
|Octalians Arc||Managing Murphy's Law|
|Episodes in Italics indicate an episode that doesn't center around the subject of an arc but is still related to it.|