FANDOM


  • I wanted to talk about something which I think everyone noticed:

    Is Milo REALLY unlucky as they say?

    Ok, surely he has to, because of the whole mechanic of the show, but he had some very lucky moments! Anyway... it looks like Milo doesn't have to be exactly unlucky. Check this

    1) They broke 10135.05 eggs in 17 hours, he caused an explosion of an entire truck full of eggs. Anyway he didn't break the egg into his pocket, it survived for 1 or 2 days intact inside his pocket!

    2) When they got lost underground, Diogee found them.

    3) Even though their part of the metro crashed everywhere, it still fell "on its feet" (metaphorically talking) every time.

    4) Just saying "We really need to go to school" made a pair of aliens who wanted to... open their bodies, I guess, to let them go. They even teleported Milo and Zack to school!

    5) Despite being splatted under rocks he had no problems but a broken thumb.

    UPDATE 1: (thanks to Paige EM for noticing these)

    6) Receving a fully-stocked backpack from a former baby-sitter.

    7) A bee hive from Coyotye Woods didn't land by Milo and Zack. (This led to a worse consequence so... some of you may complain about how "lucky" was this moment)

    8) It looks like in "The Note" Milo's not signed papers stay where they are supposed to stay, although they could fly away like the signed one.

    9) MiloZack, and Melissa landing in Cavendish and Dakota's car after they fell through a hot air baloon basket.

    UPDATE 2: (I'm back with some more lucky moments!)

    10) The ostrich he was riding at the zoo fell right on his feet, instead of falling upside down therefore breaking Milo's neck. (We're going to the Zoo)

    11) Milo's and Dakota's heads passed very near each other at high speed withouth hitting and therefore dying.

    12) They fell on their feet on the drainage pipe instead of falling upside down right in front of it, having no chance to avoid being splatted. (Going the extra Milo)

    13) In "The Note", the note often fells in places it can be seen directly.

    Add every lucky situation you saw, if you want. Anyway, do not add those moments when they solve some situation using their ability, because that's not luck, that's smartness.

      Loading editor
    • He's unlucky because he is the descendant of the Murphy's Law guy. Does that really need any explanation?

        Loading editor
    • Like I didn't know that, duh! I just wanted to create a list of his lucky moments.

      After all, I thought the sentence "surely he has to..." was enough to make people understand...Oh, well.

        Loading editor
    • Receving a fully-stocked backpack from a former baby-sitter.

      Narrowly avoiding loads of chaose throughout the theme song.

      In Going the Extra Milo alone:

      When a bee hive from Coyotye Woods didn't land by Milo and Zack.

      Getting teleported to class right on time.

      Melissa having extra food for replacement lunches for both him and Zack.

        Loading editor
    • Well... i disagree with some of what you said.

      During the title sequence It looks like Milo consciously avoid those stuff.

      And Melissa worked pretty hard to convince their classmates to bet against Milo, so it's not "Luck", it's work.

      For the other ones, I like your observations! Thank you.

        Loading editor
    • Milo only noticed the safe, potty, recking ball and lamp post. He never saw the kite, llamas, Dr. Zone sign, flaming nut cart, or falling tree.

      Melissa was not expecting Milo and Zack to loose their lunches.

        Loading editor
    • This is really interesting to mull over. In a recent interview Dan and Swampy said that what may seem bad at the time might be awesome in retrospect and that murphy's law had more to do with things not going to plan.

        Loading editor
    • All I know is that Milo sees some of his misfortunes as adventures.

        Loading editor
    • You know, you don't have to directly see things to know something is about to kill you. There is a thing called ear. You can hear with your ear the noise of a huge group of llamas coming in your direction (for example, you can apply this to everithing else). Murphy family members must be ready and have all senses on when going around, or they would just die. In the episode Athedecamatetlon Milo knows something's coming just by feeling the wind's direction. That's ability, not luck.

      Melissa knew she would win the bet, and used this knowledge at her favour. What can 13 years old going to school bet except food or some money? This doesn't depend on luck, just it was very likely they would bet food. (in fact they did). Melissa was just trying to gain something from Milo's ability to overcome difficulties and of course shared what she won with her friends as.. you know, if it wasn't for them she wouldn't have won. Other kids, not knowing the same as melissa does, bet against Milo and lost. I don't see much more than knowledge and work here. Hey, this is also kinda a lesson about how knowledge is important in life!


      Actually, it looks like Milo doesn't have to be unlucky at all, PhinFerbFan5! Check this

        Loading editor
    • Another thing, Paige EM. I want to point out that Milo "packs for any eventuality" (Episode: undergrounders) therefore he may have received a "fully stock" backpack, but he continuosly "update" or "recheck" it. So it's fifty-fifty. Fifty Milo's work and fifty luck. (Hope i said it clearly... else sorry)

        Loading editor
    • 9) Milo's and Dakota's heads passed very near each other at high speed withouth hitting and therefore dying.

        Loading editor
    • In The Note I got the impresion that all of Milo's not signed papers stayed in place while he chased the signature page. If they really did stay, that was lucky.

        Loading editor
    • Paige EM wrote:
      In The Note I got the impresion that all of Milo's not signed papers stayed in place while he chased the signature page. If they really did stay, that was lucky.

      Added.

        Loading editor
    • No MAJOR mishaps on his birthday.

        Loading editor
    • Well, yeah, that's true.

        Loading editor
    • The fact that The Sea Beasts premired before 3pm on the day of his visit to 2175.

        Loading editor
    • That is a coincidence, although they would have made use of it because of it's placing, the fact that there was something so well timed with their adventures, for now, seems to be unrelated. Also, i could be wrong, but I thought they said Seed Beasts.

        Loading editor
    • PhinFerbFan5 wrote:
      That is a coincidence, although they would have made use of it because of it's placing, the fact that there was something so well timed with their adventures, for now, seems to be unrelated. Also, i could be wrong, but I thought they said Seed Beasts.

      A stroke of luck IS a coincidence. It's 1 that a person benifits from.


        Loading editor
    • I didn't word that well, I agree with you

        Loading editor
    • Milo, Zack, and Melissa landing in Cavendish and Dakota's car after they fell through a hot air baloon basket.

        Loading editor
    • EXTREMELY LUCKY i'd say! Thanks, Paige EM.

        Loading editor
    • When he's chasing llamas and falls off the ramp when the boat leaves, he and Melissa land on the ship's anchor, thus not missing the boat and losing the llamas completely.

        Loading editor
    • Diogee spotting Milo on The Seed Beasts.

        Loading editor
    • In Milo's Shadow, Heinz's newer go-home-inator prvented some ailians from 'removing' Cavendish.

        Loading editor
    • Milo and Zack got lunches from Melissa

        Loading editor
    • Cool Genius wrote: Milo and Zack got lunches from Melissa.

      That's why she collected the food.

        Loading editor
    • Paige EM wrote: In Milo's Shadow, Heinz's newer go-home-inator prvented some ailians from 'removing' Cavendish.

      1. Not sure if we can count season 2 spoilers yet
      2. This list is about Milo anyway, not about Doof or Cav.
        Loading editor
    • Arend wrote:

      Paige EM wrote: In Milo's Shadow, Heinz's newer go-home-inator prvented some ailians from 'removing' Cavendish.

      1. Not sure if we can count season 2 spoilers yet
      2. This list is about Milo anyway, not about Doof or Cavendish.

      Doof's inator saved 1 of Milo's friends, that's lucky.

        Loading editor
    • Paige EM wrote:

      Arend wrote:

      Paige EM wrote: In Milo's Shadow, Heinz's newer go-home-inator prvented some ailians from 'removing' Cavendish.

      1. Not sure if we can count season 2 spoilers yet
      2. This list is about Milo anyway, not about Doof or Cavendish.

      Doof's inator saved 1 of Milo's friends, that's lucky.

      But it doesn't concern Milo himself, which this forum is about. Heck, it's not even Murphy's Law that saves Cavendish, as it's more like those crazy coincidences one might expect from Phineas and Ferb. The ray riqochets all over Danville and gets split into four at Mort's house, while Milo is still at school.

      If Doof's ray saving Cavendish means Milo is lucky, then Amanda's favorite TV show visiting school also means Milo is lucky too.

      No, that latter means Amanda is lucky. Just like Cavendish being saved by Doof's ray makes Cavendish lucky.

        Loading editor
    • I'll do you one that makes Milo actually lucky: his crush, who is apprehensive about Murphy's Law ever since he knew her, is finally falling for him.

        Loading editor
    • Arend wrote:
      I'll do you one that makes Milo actually lucky: his crush, who is apprehensive about Murphy's Law ever since he knew her, is finally falling for him.

      Actuallyyy... I disagree strongly on this one particularly. This is more because he put effort in it, and he is such a good person that she could overcome the obvious flaws he has.



      Now that I'm at it, I shall also point out that I would have preferred if Milo at some point gave up on her, because in reality it doesn't work like that. I mean, I actually thought that, since there was nothing he could do about Amanda being afraid of him, they were gonna show at some point he accepted this and, like, meet someone else who wasn't afraid. So yeah, probably at Disney nobody wants to put this in a show because it could appear too far fetched? I have faith in them, though. Some day such a show will come up (or I'll make it, why not?).

        Loading editor
    • Arend wrote:

      Paige EM wrote: In Milo's Shadow, Heinz's newer go-home-inator prvented some ailians from 'removing' Cavendish.

      1. Not sure if we can count season 2 spoilers yet
      2. This list is about Milo anyway, not about Doof or Cav.

      Oh, thanks for pointing that out, but yes, I'm counting also Season 2 spoilers. Because... well, they are not gonna be spoilers forever and I think it's better to stay ahead of the times while we can ;-)

        Loading editor
    • Morgan Lucchi wrote:
      Arend wrote:
      I'll do you one that makes Milo actually lucky: his crush, who is apprehensive about Murphy's Law ever since he knew her, is finally falling for him.
      Actuallyyy... I disagree strongly on this one particularly. This is more because he put effort in it, and he is such a good person that she could overcome the obvious flaws he has.



      Now that I'm at it, I shall also point out that I would have preferred if Milo at some point gave up on her, because in reality it doesn't work like that. I mean, I actually thought that, since there was nothing he could do about Amanda being afraid of him, they were gonna show at some point he accepted this and, like, meet someone else who wasn't afraid. So yeah, probably at Disney nobody wants to put this in a show because it could appear too far fetched? I have faith in them, though. Some day such a show will come up (or I'll make it, why not?).

      I do agree with Morgan Lucchi on this.

      Or it can be both. Milo has a crush on her and he tries to do his best to let her have fun. And at some point, Amanda grows a like on him and instead of avoiding him, she's just like, 'Well, I will just try to stay as his close friend and see.' I don't entirely disagree with Arend, but at the same time, it doesn't count as Milo's actual luck.

      Now about the Milanda ship: it is a really interesting trope that Milo - the bad luck boy, has a crush on Amanda - an organized girl. While it doesn't always work, it's still possible. It's like the A person just doing whatever he can for the B person, who doesn't grow much interested on A. A doesn't personally have a crush on B, he's just trying to be nice to everyone, and B wonders if she deserves for A to help her. At least, that's what I think, and that's why the ship intrigues me really much, because I want to see how they're going with this.

      And hey, not sure if anyone has pointed this out, but in "Perchance to Sleepwalk", Milo sleepwalks through the woods without taking any harm.

        Loading editor
    • ITugiacat666 wrote:
      Morgan Lucchi wrote:
      Arend wrote:
      I'll do you one that makes Milo actually lucky: his crush, who is apprehensive about Murphy's Law ever since he knew her, is finally falling for him.
      Actuallyyy... I disagree strongly on this one particularly. This is more because he put effort in it, and he is such a good person that she could overcome the obvious flaws he has.


      Now that I'm at it, I shall also point out that I would have preferred if Milo at some point gave up on her, because in reality it doesn't work like that. I mean, I actually thought that, since there was nothing he could do about Amanda being afraid of him, they were gonna show at some point he accepted this and, like, meet someone else who wasn't afraid. So yeah, probably at Disney nobody wants to put this in a show because it could appear too far fetched? I have faith in them, though. Some day such a show will come up (or I'll make it, why not?).

      I do agree with Morgan Lucchi on this.

      Or it can be both. Milo has a crush on her and he tries to do his best to let her have fun. And at some point, Amanda grows a like on him and instead of avoiding him, she's just like, 'Well, I will just try to stay as his close friend and see.' I don't entirely disagree with Arend, but at the same time, it doesn't count as Milo's actual luck.

      Now about the Milanda ship: it is a really interesting trope that Milo - the bad luck boy, has a crush on Amanda - an organized girl. While it doesn't always work, it's still possible. It's like the A person just doing whatever he can for the B person, who doesn't grow much interested on A. A doesn't personally have a crush on B, he's just trying to be nice to everyone, and B wonders if she deserves for A to help her. At least, that's what I think, and that's why the ship intrigues me really much, because I want to see how they're going with this.

      And hey, not sure if anyone has pointed this out, but in "Perchance to Sleepwalk", Milo sleepwalks through the woods without taking any harm.

      I appreciate your comment, but for once I must say I'm not so interested in such a ship. I like that they keep it a bit in the background, I mean they don't give it too much consideration in the series. But hey, I can live with anything they do about it i think.

      About your suggestion... well... actually that's would fall under luck somehow, but such thing is also used as a cliché since the oldest show I ever watched (and man do I waste my time on cartoons!). So it kinda falls under "tribute to cartoon's tradition" more than actually being linked to anything in the show.

        Loading editor
    • Morgan Lucchi said: such thing is also used as a cliché since the oldest show I ever watched (and man do I waste my time on cartoons!). So it kinda falls under "tribute to cartoon's tradition" more than actually being linked to anything in this show.

      The cartoon violence in the 1940s was likely because the real world was so violent at that time. (WW II)

        Loading editor
    • Okay but I meant that the sleepwalking gag always ended up with the sleepwalker unharmed, regardless of the cartoon and the time.

        Loading editor
    • A skating wipe-out impressing a bake-off host, thus getting a hug from his crush.

        Loading editor
    • Successfully making Tobias Trollhammer to have a role in the movie.

        Loading editor
    • Paige EM wrote: A skating wipe-out impressing a bake-off host, thus getting a hug from his crush.

      Maybe, but it all comes from an effort of Milo and Amanda trying to win the bake-off. I'm not sure myself though.

      Cool Genius wrote: Successfully making Tobias Trollhammer to have a role in the movie.

      His talent of acting helps him to go through, with a little help from Milo and his friends to get him in the audition, so I don't think that's lucky.

        Loading editor
    • Tugiacat666 wrote:

      Paige EM wrote: A skating wipe-out impressing a bake-off host, thus getting a hug from his crush.

      Maybe, but it all comes from an effort of Milo and Amanda trying to win the bake-off. I'm not sure myself though.

      Cool Genius wrote: Successfully getting Tobias Trollhammer to have a role in the movie.

      His talent of acting helpd him to go through, with a little help from Milo and his friends to get him in the audition, so I don't think that was lucky for Milo.

      The outcome of the wipe-out was lucky, like a silver lining.

        Loading editor
    • Milo wasn't sucked into the hole in "Milo in Space".

        Loading editor
    • Cool Genius wrote:
      Milo wasn't sucked into the hole in "Milo in Space".

      Personally I still see this not as a "luck" thing. I think it's more of a "he is an expert on survival" thing, if I explain myself well enough.

        Loading editor
    • Morgan Lucchi wrote:

      Cool Genius wrote:
      Milo wasn't sucked into the hole in "Milo in Space".

      Personally I still see this not as a "luck" thing. I think it's more of a "he is an expert on survival" thing, if I explain myself well enough.

      Yeah, Milo clearly has excellent survival skills, but his skills have limits. Initially Zack and Melissa clearly thought that Milo had been blown into space without a space suit and if he had been Milo would have died. Period.

        Loading editor
    • Tlong0038 wrote:

      Morgan Lucchi wrote:

      Cool Genius wrote:
      Milo wasn't sucked into the hole in "Milo in Space".
      Personally I still see this not as a "luck" thing. I think it's more of a "he is an expert on survival" thing, if I explain myself well enough.

      Yeah, Milo clearly has excellent survival skills, but his skills have limits. Initially Zack and Melissa clearly thought that Milo had been blown into space without a space suit and if he had been Milo would have died. Period.

      Yes, but he probably noticed before anyone else that he was gonna be in danger and held as hard as he could to something. Is this, a conscious choice, supposed to be lucky?

        Loading editor
    • Do you think that if Murphy's Law affects others around Milo, is Milo lucky then?

      Like in "Now I Am a Murphy" and "The Mid-Afternoon Snack Club", the Cyborg Bear never attacked Milo due to Murphy's Law.

      So, does that make Milo lucky?

        Loading editor
    • Yes, people around Milo can be and are affected by Murphy's Law, Joni would be the most obvious example. In terms of Milo not having to actually fight the Cyborg Bear, he's lucky in that his two best friends are almost as good at getting out of jam as he is, so yeah, that makes him really lucky.

        Loading editor
    • Yeah I think he’s actually really lucky because after all this stuff that has happened to him he’s still alive, all his friends and family are alive, etc. I don’t think they ever said Milo is unlucky, just that everything goes wrong around him.

        Loading editor
    • Well, Milo is unlucky in the sense the sense he will have spend his entire life dealing with the effects of Murphy's Law, but at the same time he's clearly not dead yet and as far as we know nobody else, or at least nobody important to Milo has died either, so yes, in that sense Milo is very, very lucky.

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.