FANDOM


  • Milo Is SOOO in love with Amanda! Eh? What do you think?

    And Amanda shares the feeling. What's your opinion?

    My opinion is that:

    I don't like the Milo+Amanda thing, because she avoided him, and I would prefer a story where he understands he has nothing to do to make her like him because of his Condition, and starts searching a girl who doesn't fear him or avoid him because of things he can't control. Because in reality being worthy of love isn't always enough to make you be liked by who you like. I know it's not the kind of things that happen in a cartoon like this, but that's another important lesson they should show in cartoons.

    By the way, Milo+Amanda isn't a terrible idea. Both work hard to make things go well (one more than the other), Milo's presence messes things up and she is the kind of person who wants everything go smoothly. They compensate! She may learn something from Milo and... well, I don't see anything Milo can learn from anyone so that's it. 

    As I said in other discussions, I'll just go with this coulpe waiting what happens, knowing something will happen, but not being happy nor sad when it will.

      Loading editor
    • I think it's better to continue on another thread because this is similar to the ones that i've already created.

        Loading editor
    • Yeah, good point, but this was to specifically talk about them. I don't found this really similar to yours, because I wouldn't have written it. The conversation on your thread almost casually ended up talking about it, so... No, I don't have anything else to say.

        Loading editor
    • I am glad that he does not act awkward around her.

        Loading editor
    • I think that it is official that Amanda shares similar feelings towards after the events of School Dance, especially since she considered him her "hero" when Milo was just being a nice guy and helping her prepare the dance after it got kinda wrecked due to her Murphy's Law. I suspect that she will still be a little standoffish when it comes to his Murphy's Law, but I do think a romance is blooming and who knows, maybe we'll see things start to happen between them by end of Season 1/start of Season 2.

        Loading editor
    • Yes, very likely. I don't like the Milo+Amanda thing anyway, because she avoided him, and I would prefer a story where he understands he has nothing to do to make her like him because of his Condition, and starts searching a girl who doesn't fear him or avoid him because of things he can't control. Because in reality being worthy of love isn't always enough to make you be liked by who you like. I know it's not the kind of things that happen in a cartoon like this, but that's another important lesson they should show in cartoons.

      By the way, Milo+Amanda isn't a terrible idea. Both work hard to make things go well (one more than the other), Milo's presence messes things up and she is the kind of person who wants everything go smoothly. They compensate! She may learn something from Milo and... well, I don't see anything Milo can learn from anyone so that's it. 

      As I said in other discussions, I'll just go with this coulpe waiting what happens, knowing something will happen, but not being happy nor sad when it will.

      I'm also going to change the topic of this discussion on Milo + Amanda.

        Loading editor
    • I think to a fault we can't control who we fall in love with and, as Phineas and Ferb shows, it's sometimes hard to move on... (sorry there was just some sweat in my eye) And Love can also make fools of some of us so however critical us outsiders can get I can understand Milo wanting to atleast try.

        Loading editor
    • Yes, I agree! You're talking to someone who actually "tried" with the same girl for 2 years! So it's normal to try, but sometimes you have to move on or this will consume you from the inside. I never saw a cartoon which shows this, it would be nice to see one.

        Loading editor
    • I feel they show that a bit in Phineas and Ferb with the more Phinabella focused episodes, you could see it was getting to Isabella and consuming a lot of her life during some days. Though they did get them together in the end. There probably is a practical lesson in getting over someone. But wow, that's going to be a hard hitting cartoon.

        Loading editor
    • I understand that Milo and Melissa is the more common couple that will come out of MML, and while I do kinda like it, I feel it would be too cliche. Honestly, the "Zelda" character that Eileen Galindo is reputedly playing who may be a love interest for Milo in a future episode would be a good alternate.

        Loading editor
    • I'd like the "Milo+Melissa" thing too, because they are my favourite characters, but yes, it is a cliche, as Curious Poker Chip says, and that ruins things. Plus, it's not like two best friends ALWAYS end up toghether! I think that they aren't going to, also because, as I said, they never even touch. I'm not used to a couple where partners avoid contact, you know... (oh and by contact I mean hugs and hold hands. If you avoid these... well, that's a weird way to "like" someone)

        Loading editor
    • If two close friends fall in love I'm not against that, cause hey if that's what makes them happy Just Roll With It, but I'm friends with a good few girls (me being a hetro boy) and we hug and such when greeting one another and I won't mind if shows and movies showed that it's cool to just be friends.

        Loading editor
    • In a similar regard, I cannot stand all these Starco people for Star vs. The Forces of Evil. I like Star and Marco AS FRIENDS, but not as a couple for all the same reasons that I said for Milo and Melissa. I think that this and even more so with Milo Murphy's Law would be a terrific lesson for younger kids that you can be friends with people of the opposite sex and not necessarily have any romantic inclination in the slightest.

        Loading editor
    • Love keeps conituning.

      <s> First is Izzy and Phineas.

      <s> Then Milo and Amanda.

      <s> And Bradly and Melissa.

      <s> Such..I totally think Disney is planning for some romantic stories now

        Loading editor
    • Bradley and Melissa? How can this happen as Bradley dislikes Melissa's best friend? How can they spend enough time together to know each other better as Bradley stays away from Milo while Melissa mainly stays near him? I don't see any romance possible... or better: it would be extremely improbable, though yeah around Milo many improbable things happen!

        Loading editor
    • Yeah the MML fanbase has some, let's say "interesting" ships, including some stuff that doesn't even make sense. I saw one of Kris + Sara, which doesn't make sense to me because I don't think these two have had a single dialogue exchange over the course of the series. Whatever.

      As for Bradley and Melissa, I suppose it's alright and Bradley does seem to have a thing for Melissa, but I am not sure if I really like it since Bradley is kinda antagonistic towards Milo and pretty much all the other stuff Morgan mentioned above.

        Loading editor
    • Morgan Lucchi wrote:
      Bradley and Melissa? How can this happen as Bradley dislikes Melissa's best friend? How can they spend enough time together to know each other better as Bradley stays away from Milo while Melissa mainly stays near him? I don't see any romance possible... or better: it would be extremely improbable, though yeah around Milo many improbable things happen!

      Didn't he reveal it in Sunny Side Up and Rooting for the Enemy?

        Loading editor
    • I don't think it was prooven without a doubt, he just seemed to want to spend time with melissa but obviously not with Milo.

      I think he probably does have a thing for her, and you never know, he might get over Milo and start a relationship, Dan and Swampy might have learnt about character development since Phineas and Ferb :P.

        Loading editor
    • If not, Wikipedia then <(")

        Loading editor
    • PhinFerbFan5 wrote:
      I don't think it was prooven without a doubt, he just seemed to want to spend time with melissa but obviously not with Milo.

      I think he probably does have a thing for her, and you never know, he might get over Milo and start a relationship, Dan and Swampy might have learnt about character development since Phineas and Ferb :P.

      Well, yeah, character development... but it's also true that people rarely change.

        Loading editor
    • No one can completely change, but their 2 cents about a concept can.

        Loading editor
    • Pretty Lightningreed (PL) wrote:
      If not, Wikipedia then <(")

      What does <(") mean?

        Loading editor
    • Paige EM wrote:
      No one can completely change, but their 2 cents about a concept can.

      In this case that's exactly what already happened in both Phineas and Ferb and Milo Murphy's Law. Doofenshmirtz becoming good, Phineas understanding that Perry is their pet despite keeping silence about his secret identity, Vanessa who breaks up with Jonny and likes Monty, and then Ferb. Phineas's growing attention towards Isabella, Amanda changing idea about Murphy's law, Zack doing the same... ( I know that's not exactly grammatically correct but Im in a rush right now so I can't check grammar. Sorry)

        Loading editor
    • Amanda did not change her mind, just appreciates the jinx a bit more.

        Loading editor
    • I'm not sure she appreciates the jinx but more realises that there's a really nice person under it. But I agree that it's hard to tell how much Amanda changed her mind. I'm sure it'll be explored in further episodes

        Loading editor
    • Paige EM wrote:
      Amanda did not change her mind, just appreciates the jinx a bit more.

      Well, then she changed her way to see Milo/Milo's presence. After "school dance" she's seen riding a wave made by Murphy's Law and having fun, despite not everything is going "smoothly". So something changed, you know.

        Loading editor
    • Paige EM wrote:
      Pretty Lightningreed (PL) wrote:
      If not, Wikipedia then <(")
      What does <(") mean?

      Penguin emote, don't you know?

        Loading editor
    • Upon rewatching "School Dance", I think that it is possible that Milo may have a positive effect on Amanda. Consider this.

      Because of Milo legitimately wanting to help out in making her dance go well in spite of his bad luck and him restoring the power to the dance, Amanda sees this, thanks him, and decides to have fun and doesn't need Lydia to have it for her. Because of Milo being an actual nice guy, Amanda is slowly but surely breaking out of her comfort zone. Who knows? Maybe we'll see her be a lot less cautious about everything if we have a couple more Milo and Amanda themed episodes.

        Loading editor
    • I was not originally on board with the whole Milo/Amanda thing at first because she kinda annoyed me and I was always MiloLissa. But now that THAT'S offically D.O.A. I started rewatching some of the Amanda eps, and I realised, she's not that bad of a character. She was annoying at first but then she kinda grew on me, ya know? Especially the fact that she's had good character development and she's learned at least two valuable lessons.

      First, that you can't judge by outward appearances or first impressions. But take the time to get to know someone. You might be surrpised. Sometimes the person you might think of as a 'Jinx' or not 'your type' can turn out to be the nicest person in the world. 

      Second, you can;t live your life purely on a schedule. It's boring and predictable after a while. Sometimes it's better to be sponatanious and let things happen. It can be fun. 

      Lessons learned, new couple born. 

      People CAN change and grow. It's happened way back in the Biblical times with the Apostle Paul. It's possible for someone to see they were wrong and become someone different, and as was proven in quite a number of eps in Season 2, Amanda has. 

      Like for example, The Mid-Afternoon Snack Club where she deliberately put herself in detention when she went out of her way to defend Milo. And Ride Along Little Diogee when for some reason Melissa just disappeared and Amanda was the one to be worried about Milo and go find him. Plus in Castr Party Amanda is seen in the opening shot walking with Melissa and Milo, ensuring she's becoming part of the group. 

      I don;t object to Amanda/Milo now and WHEN THIS SHOW GETS A SEASON 3 (AND IT BETTER) I hope there will be eps exploring them some more and also one that starts out with Amanda finally apologizing to Milo for the way she use to treat him and finally confessing her feelings, if she hasn;t already. 

        Loading editor
    • MelissaFan1 wrote:
      I was not originally on board with the whole Milo/Amanda thing at first because she kinda annoyed me and I was always MiloLissa. But now that THAT'S offically D.O.A. I started rewatching some of the Amanda eps, and I realised, she's not that bad of a character. She was annoying at first but then she kinda grew on me, ya know? Especially the fact that she's had good character development and she's learned at least two valuable lessons.

      First, that you can't judge by outward appearances or first impressions. But take the time to get to know someone. You might be surrpised. Sometimes the person you might think of as a 'Jinx' or not 'your type' can turn out to be the nicest person in the world. 

      Second, you can;t live your life purely on a schedule. It's boring and predictable after a while. Sometimes it's better to be sponatanious and let things happen. It can be fun. 

      Lessons learned, new couple born. 

      People CAN change and grow. It's happened way back in the Biblical times with the Apostle Paul. It's possible for someone to see they were wrong and become someone different, and as was proven in quite a number of eps in Season 2, Amanda has. 

      Like for example, The Mid-Afternoon Snack Club where she deliberately put herself in detention when she went out of her way to defend Milo. And Ride Along Little Diogee when for some reason Melissa just disappeared and Amanda was the one to be worried about Milo and go find him. Plus in Castr Party Amanda is seen in the opening shot walking with Melissa and Milo, ensuring she's becoming part of the group. 

      I don;t object to Amanda/Milo now and WHEN THIS SHOW GETS A SEASON 3 (AND IT BETTER) I hope there will be eps exploring them some more and also one that starts out with Amanda finally apologizing to Milo for the way she use to treat him and finally confessing her feelings, if she hasn;t already. 

      I agree with what you say, but I think there is no need to explicitly apologize to him. I mainly think Milo doesn't even care much about people fearing or hating him for his condition anymore, and what she did showed she actually cares about him and likes him for who he is. Actions speak more than words. About confessing feelings......... uhm.... I'll be neutral about this. It depends on how they show it. Will it be PhineasxIsabella style? Will it be StarfirexRobin style? Both are great! But only based on their circumstances.

        Loading editor
    • Morgan Lucchi wrote:
      MelissaFan1 wrote:
      I was not originally on board with the whole Milo/Amanda thing at first because she kinda annoyed me and I was always MiloLissa. But now that THAT'S offically D.O.A. I started rewatching some of the Amanda eps, and I realised, she's not that bad of a character. She was annoying at first but then she kinda grew on me, ya know? Especially the fact that she's had good character development and she's learned at least two valuable lessons.

      First, that you can't judge by outward appearances or first impressions. But take the time to get to know someone. You might be surrpised. Sometimes the person you might think of as a 'Jinx' or not 'your type' can turn out to be the nicest person in the world. 

      Second, you can;t live your life purely on a schedule. It's boring and predictable after a while. Sometimes it's better to be sponatanious and let things happen. It can be fun. 

      Lessons learned, new couple born. 

      People CAN change and grow. It's happened way back in the Biblical times with the Apostle Paul. It's possible for someone to see they were wrong and become someone different, and as was proven in quite a number of eps in Season 2, Amanda has. 

      Like for example, The Mid-Afternoon Snack Club where she deliberately put herself in detention when she went out of her way to defend Milo. And Ride Along Little Diogee when for some reason Melissa just disappeared and Amanda was the one to be worried about Milo and go find him. Plus in Castr Party Amanda is seen in the opening shot walking with Melissa and Milo, ensuring she's becoming part of the group. 

      I don;t object to Amanda/Milo now and WHEN THIS SHOW GETS A SEASON 3 (AND IT BETTER) I hope there will be eps exploring them some more and also one that starts out with Amanda finally apologizing to Milo for the way she use to treat him and finally confessing her feelings, if she hasn;t already. 

      I agree with what you say, but I think there is no need to explicitly apologize to him. I mainly think Milo doesn't even care much about people fearing or hating him for his condition anymore, and what she did showed she actually cares about him and likes him for who he is. Actions speak more than words. About confessing feelings......... uhm.... I'll be neutral about this. It depends on how they show it. Will it be PhineasxIsabella style? Will it be StarfirexRobin style? Both are great! But only based on their circumstances.

      Only Disney XD can say for sure  IF AND WHEN WE GET THE SEASON 3 ANNOUNCEMENT...AND WE BETTER!! Or so help me God I am done with this channel!! There;s only so much DuckTales one can take ya know! Especially when, to add insult to injury it;'s already been renewed for a season 3, while we're still waiting!! 

        Loading editor
    • Wait What If They Break Up And Milo And Melissa Go Back To Dating And She Ends Up Dating Zack

        Loading editor
    • Well, we'll see, let's get Season 3 renewed and see where it goes from there. But first things first, let's get season 3! 

        Loading editor
    • Right

        Loading editor
    • Nicholas Blaschke wrote: Wait What If They Break Up And Milo And Melissa Go Back To Dating And She Ends Up Dating Zack

      That would be the absolute worst thing. Zamanda is literally the Ferbetchen of MML: just as mindless and as thoughtless. And not only would all the Milanda buildup go down the drain for a ship with no development, but the ship that would replace it ship would ALSO be one of the most unoriginal, least interesting and most predictable ship... since almost every other show is going for a main character x main character ship like that.

      Besides, a few days prior to your comment, you wanted Milo and Amanda to get married, so what gives?

        Loading editor
    • Now, as for my experiences on Milo/Amanda (which is overdue on this specific board)

      Prior to Smooth Opera-tor, I didn't ship Milo with anyone yet (why ship two characters when there's no evidence to it? It's like betting on the green space on a roulette wheel).

      Anyway, in Smooth Opera-tor, we were introduced to Milo's crush on Amanda. I found it cute, so I began shipping the two as of that episode (I also found the dynamic intriguing: a girl with perfectionism + a boy that causes imperfection with his presence).

      I was saddened when a lot of MML fans didn't share my interest for Milanda and instead began HATING the ship purely because either "it isn't Milack" or "it's forced", which I personally found really stupid reasons tbh. They also began hating Amanda because of the ship, which I was also saddened by.

      Thankfully all that hate died down a few months later.

      The Milo Marathon Bomb was announced for March 2017, and contained an episode called School Dance, which was about Amanda and Milo. I was hopeful that the ship would continue developing. But then a Wild Tweet appeared, which I found on Tumblr. It revealed School Dance would include a new character named Gretchen, and one of the tags seemed to suggest that this Gretchen would be a love interest for Milo, which had me worried again.

      Thankfully, Gretchen turned out to have nothing to do with Milo's love life (or Milo at all, instead being Mr Block's assistant), and School Dance included a lot of cute Milanda moments (including one that may suggest Amanda might love Milo back), suggesting the writers are dead set to go with the Milo+Amanda route. It also seems like this episode sparked more interest in the Milanda ship, to the point that there's only little Milanda hate, which made me glad as a Milanda shipper.

      This would unfortunately be Amanda's last major appearance in Season 1. The first half wasn't even done yet and Amanda was already regulated to the tole of background character.

      One and a half year we had to wait for Amanda's next major role in Season 2's Picture Day, even if it's mostly thanks to Europe (or the wait would've been even longer), and even if Picture Day doesn't even have much Milanda in it.

      We didn't have to wait that much longer afterwards, though, since Cake 'Splosion aired in Europe only a mere few days later. And it went up the wazoo with the Milanda!

      Throughout the episode, Amanda's opinion on Milo definitely changed for the better, and the ep included lots of cute Milanda moments. It's almost the perfect Milanda episode and remains one of my favorite Milo Murphy's Law episodes of all time.

      And if you weren't convinced that Amanda loves Milo back after that, then came Managing Murphy's Law, which has her kissing Milo on the cheek. And Spy Little Sister, which showed her being jealous to Joni's moment with Milo for a brief gag.

      A few months later, India gave out a few more episodes (including the lost Lady Krillers episode that was supposed to air with Cake 'Splosion). However, our focus is on the last episode of the bunch, Ride Along Little Doggie, which yet again shows Amanda being affectionate for Milo, cheering him over his award, being worried about him when he doesn't show up, saves him from a fall, and kisses him again (booyah!)

      Around the time these episodes aired in Europe, America finally got around airing Season 2, including Cake 'Splosion and Managing Murphy's Law. They also added a few more eps, including Cast Party, which shows Amanda hanging out with Milo in his friend group, something to be shown again in Parks and Wreck.

      I'm really glad that not only did Season 2 deliver with the Milanda, but also did Amanda justice with the major appearances. I can honestly say that Milo and Amanda's relationship is one of the most developed and one of the better story arcs of the show. Heck, Amanda's character arc is on par with, if not better than, Doofenshmirtz's!

      Here's hoping that not only Season 3 will come someday, but that it will include even more cute and romantic moments with Milo and Amanda (and hopefully concluding their arc by making their courtship official).

        Loading editor
    • Arend wrote:

      Nicholas Blaschke wrote: Wait What If They Break Up And Milo And Melissa Go Back To Dating And She Ends Up Dating Zack

      That would be the absolute worst thing. Zamanda is literally the Ferbetchen of MML: just as mindless and as thoughtless. And not only would all the Milanda buildup go down the drain for a ship with no development, but the ship that would replace it ship would ALSO be one of the most unoriginal, least interesting and most predictable ship... since almost every other show is going for a main character x main character ship like that.

      Besides, a few days prior to your comment, you wanted Milo and Amanda to get married, so what gives?

      I think he's nothing but a troll. If he's not giving one word answers to things he keeps saying the show will come back next May WITHOUT ANY DAMN PROOF!

        Loading editor
    • Arend wrote:
      Now, as for my experiences on Milo/Amanda (which is overdue on this specific board)

      Prior to Smooth Opera-tor, I didn't ship Milo with anyone yet (why ship two characters when there's no evidence to it? It's like betting on the green space on a roulette wheel).

      Anyway, in Smooth Opera-tor, we were introduced to Milo's crush on Amanda. I found it cute, so I began shipping the two as of that episode (I also found the dynamic intriguing: a girl with perfectionism + a boy that causes imperfection with his presence).

      I was saddened when a lot of MML fans didn't share my interest for Milanda and instead began HATING the ship purely because either "it isn't Milack" or "it's forced", which I personally found really stupid reasons tbh. They also began hating Amanda because of the ship, which I was also saddened by.

      Thankfully all that hate died down a few months later.

      The Milo Marathon Bomb was announced for March 2017, and contained an episode called School Dance, which was about Amanda and Milo. I was hopeful that the ship would continue developing. But then a Wild Tweet appeared, which I found on Tumblr. It revealed School Dance would include a new character named Gretchen, and one of the tags seemed to suggest that this Gretchen would be a love interest for Milo, which had me worried again.

      Thankfully, Gretchen turned out to have nothing to do with Milo's love life (or Milo at all, instead being Mr Block's assistant), and School Dance included a lot of cute Milanda moments (including one that may suggest Amanda might love Milo back), suggesting the writers are dead set to go with the Milo+Amanda route. It also seems like this episode sparked more interest in the Milanda ship, to the point that there's only little Milanda hate, which made me glad as a Milanda shipper.

      This would unfortunately be Amanda's last major appearance in Season 1. The first half wasn't even done yet and Amanda was already regulated to the tole of background character.

      One and a half year we had to wait for Amanda's next major role in Season 2's Picture Day, even if it's mostly thanks to Europe (or the wait would've been even longer), and even if Picture Day doesn't even have much Milanda in it.

      We didn't have to wait that much longer afterwards, though, since Cake 'Splosion aired in Europe only a mere few days later. And it went up the wazoo with the Milanda!

      Throughout the episode, Amanda's opinion on Milo definitely changed for the better, and the ep included lots of cute Milanda moments. It's almost the perfect Milanda episode and remains one of my favorite Milo Murphy's Law episodes of all time.

      And if you weren't convinced that Amanda loves Milo back after that, then came Managing Murphy's Law, which has her kissing Milo on the cheek. And Spy Little Sister, which showed her being jealous to Joni's moment with Milo for a brief gag.

      A few months later, India gave out a few more episodes (including the lost Lady Krillers episode that was supposed to air with Cake 'Splosion). However, our focus is on the last episode of the bunch, Ride Along Little Doggie, which yet again shows Amanda being affectionate for Milo, cheering him over his award, being worried about him when he doesn't show up, saves him from a fall, and kisses him again (booyah!)

      Around the time these episodes aired in Europe, America finally got around airing Season 2, including Cake 'Splosion and Managing Murphy's Law. They also added a few more eps, including Cast Party, which shows Amanda hanging out with Milo in his friend group, something to be shown again in Parks and Wreck.

      I'm really glad that not only did Season 2 deliver with the Milanda, but also did Amanda justice with the major appearances. I can honestly say that Milo and Amanda's relationship is one of the most developed and one of the better story arcs of the show. Heck, Amanda's character arc is on par with, if not better than, Doofenshmirtz's!

      Here's hoping that not only Season 3 will come someday, but that it will include even more cute and romantic moments with Milo and Amanda (and hopefully concluding their arc by making their courtship official).

      You forgot 'The Mid-Afternoon Snack Club' which Amanda (along with Melissa, Zack, and Mort) deliberately put themselves in detension when they stuck up for Milo and defended him against that sadist substitute. In her first few episdoes she was depicted as such a perfectionist that being in detension would have been one of her worst nightmares. Now she delierately puts herself there along with the rest of Milo's group when she felt he was being falsely accused. 

      Also, if you watch the ep very carefully you can see they give each other admiring looks at different points in it. 

        Loading editor
    • MelissaFan1 wrote:

      You forgot 'The Mid-Afternoon Snack Club' which Amanda (along with Melissa, Zack, and Mort) deliberately put themselves in detension when they stuck up for Milo and defended him against that sadist substitute. In her first few episdoes she was depicted as such a perfectionist that being in detension would have been one of her worst nightmares. Now she delierately puts herself there along with the rest of Milo's group when she felt he was being falsely accused. 

      Also, if you watch the ep very carefully you can see they give each other admiring looks at different points in it. 

      I haven't really included Mid-Afternoon Snack Club because it included a few characters that don't show up with Milo and friends all too often (one of them notably being Bradley), but you are right: Amanda was among the group defending Milo in the end (although, there were only six in the classroom to begin with).

        Loading editor
    • Arend wrote:

      MelissaFan1 wrote:

      You forgot 'The Mid-Afternoon Snack Club' which Amanda (along with Melissa, Zack, and Mort) deliberately put themselves in detension when they stuck up for Milo and defended him against that sadist substitute. In her first few episdoes she was depicted as such a perfectionist that being in detension would have been one of her worst nightmares. Now she delierately puts herself there along with the rest of Milo's group when she felt he was being falsely accused. 

      Also, if you watch the ep very carefully you can see they give each other admiring looks at different points in it. 

      I haven't really included Mid-Afternoon Snack Club because it included a few characters that don't show up with Milo and friends all too often (one of them notably being Bradley), but you are right: Amanda was among the group defending Milo in the end (although, there were only six in the classroom to begin with).

      Yeah, and she was such a perfectionist in the first season that the idea of detention would no doubt send her hyperventolating. But now she deliverately puts herself there with Milo when she stands up for him. Unlike the last time there was a sub in an ep whe she wants her to "take two steps back" 

      Plus, if you carefully rewatch the ep you can see they give each other admiring looks at several points in the ep. 

        Loading editor
    • Arend wrote:

      MelissaFan1 wrote:

      You forgot 'The Mid-Afternoon Snack Club' which Amanda (along with Melissa, Zack, and Mort) deliberately put themselves in detension when they stuck up for Milo and defended him against that sadist substitute. In her first few episdoes she was depicted as such a perfectionist that being in detension would have been one of her worst nightmares. Now she delierately puts herself there along with the rest of Milo's group when she felt he was being falsely accused. 

      Also, if you watch the ep very carefully you can see they give each other admiring looks at different points in it. 

      I haven't really included Mid-Afternoon Snack Club because it included a few characters that don't show up with Milo and friends all too often (one of them notably being Bradley), but you are right: Amanda was among the group defending Milo in the end (although, there were only six in the classroom to begin with).


      Hey, I got the new chapter on the birthday story up! check it out!


      https://milomurphyslaw.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:MelissaFan1/Happy_Birthday,_Milo!_Part_7

        Loading editor
    • Arend wrote:

      Nicholas Blaschke wrote: Wait What If They Break Up And Milo And Melissa Go Back To Dating And She Ends Up Dating Zack

      That would be the absolute worst thing. Zamanda is literally the Ferbetchen of MML: just as mindless and as thoughtless. And not only would all the Milanda buildup go down the drain for a ship with no development, but the ship that would replace it ship would ALSO be one of the most unoriginal, least interesting and most predictable ship... since almost every other show is going for a main character x main character ship like that.

      Besides, a few days prior to your comment, you wanted Milo and Amanda to get married, so what gives?

      Not to mention the fact that they really don;t interact that much at all and seem to really have no interest in each other. 

        Loading editor
    • MelissaFan1 wrote:

      Arend wrote:

      Nicholas Blaschke wrote: Wait What If They Break Up And Milo And Melissa Go Back To Dating And She Ends Up Dating Zack

      That would be the absolute worst thing. Zamanda is literally the Ferbetchen of MML: just as mindless and as thoughtless. And not only would all the Milanda buildup go down the drain for a ship with no development, but the ship that would replace it ship would ALSO be one of the most unoriginal, least interesting and most predictable ship... since almost every other show is going for a main character x main character ship like that.

      Besides, a few days prior to your comment, you wanted Milo and Amanda to get married, so what gives?

      Not to mention the fact that they really don;t interact that much at all and seem to really have no interest in each other. 

      That's exactly what makes Zamanda mindless and thoughtless: the lack of social interaction, let alone romantic chemistry.

      Ferbetchen has the same issue: Gretchen has zero interaction with Ferb and is only paired with him because she's one of Isabella's sidekick. But that's what all Fireside Girls in Isabella's troop are. None of the Fireside Girls interact with Ferb that much, so you could replace Gretchen with any one of them (Adyson, Katie, Milly, Holly, or even Ginger), and it wouldn't make any difference in the given scenario.

      Amanda has interacted a bit more to Zack than any of the Fireside Girls to Ferb, but it's still not enough (and most of the interaction is after Amanda has realized her love for Milo anyway).

        Loading editor
    • Ferbetchen? I never even heard of that! I personally always had kind of a problem with FerbNessa. I mean, Ferb is how old? 10? Vanessa is in her late teens! At least Milo and Amanda are the same age for crying out loud! 

      You could also have the same argument for people trying to put Amanda with Mort! From what I can recall they interacted in what? 3 eps? And they never shows anything more than friendship to each other! 

        Loading editor
    • Really? Ferbetchen is popular enough that searching for "ferb gretchen" on DeviantArt leads to TONS of ship art among 900+ results, and there's a good handful of shipfics of it on FanFiction.Net as well.

      Personally, I don't have a problem with Ferbnessa (in fact, I myself ship it, but not as heavily today as back in 2011-15). I do understand why other people dislike it, which is why the best Ferbnessa stuff already have both of them already in adulthood.

        Loading editor
    • Well, I was never that big on Phineas and Ferb as much as a lot of others. 

      Them both in adulthood does make more sense instead of a ten year old with a high schooler. Though she'd still be a good deal older than him. 

        Loading editor
    • Well, yeah, where is the problem in a couple where the woman is older? As long as they are both mature enough to make such a decision and they love each other, that doesn't matter much.

        Loading editor
    • The problem with age difference always bothered me. I mean, if you're not okay with Ferbnessa, think of Phinabella and Kim-Ron. That's something like not accepting these 2 because they belong to different religions, I'm sorry for saying this, but I had to.

        Loading editor
    • I think people have a problem with Ferbnessa's age difference because Vanessa is 16 and Ferb is about 10 (maybe even 9). Not only is it a big age difference, but could also be seen as borderline pedophilia (although it actually would be if Vanessa is 18)

        Loading editor
    • Arend wrote:
      I think people have a problem with Ferbnessa's age difference because Vanessa is 16 and Ferb is about 10 (maybe even 9). Not only is it a big age difference, but could also be seen as borderline pedophilia (although it actually would be if Vanessa is 18)

      Exactly. It;'s one thing if Ferb has just a prepubescent crush, a lot of 10 year olds have that on teachers and baby sitters and what not. But if Vanessa actually reciprocates this and actually wants a relationship NOW instead of waiting until he's at least 16....that could be a problem. 

        Loading editor
    • Beaker09 wrote:
      The problem with age difference always bothered me. I mean, if you're not okay with Ferbnessa, think of Phinabella and Kim-Ron. That's something like not accepting these 2 because they belong to different religions, I'm sorry for saying this, but I had to.

      The problem is there's a BIG difference between 9/10 and 16/17! We're not talking about when they're adults, when they're BOTH legal then fine, no problem, but Ferb;s still a child! Not even a tween! 

      Like I said if Ferb just had a crush, than that would be normnal for kids his age, but if SHE feels the same for a 10 year old kid...THAT is a problem. 

        Loading editor
    • Vanessa/Ferb would be a lot less weird if Vanessa were Milo’s age.

        Loading editor
    • Tlong0038 wrote:
      Vanessa/Ferb would be a lot less weird if Vanessa were Milo’s age.

      Exactly! I mean a 10 year old having a crush on an attractive 16 year old is pretty normal for boys that age. But a 16 year old having a crush on a TEN year old?! No.....just no. 

        Loading editor
    • Anyway, to get back to the subject at hand, one of the thing I did like about the Milo/Amanda pairing is that unlike other examples of this trope, Milo never acted like a goofball around Amanda, nor did he ever pretend to be something he wasn;t just to impress her. He did nothing but be his own cheerful, happy, and helpful self. And he never helped her JUST to show off to her, he genuinely cared for her and her feelings and sincerely wanted to help.

      He never lied to her about anything and didn't pretend to be anything he wasn't. He managed to win Amanda just by being himself and letting Amanda see for herself what kind of a person he really was instead of pretending like a lot of teen boys in other shows do to try to win their crush. Milo is the perfect example of 'just be yourself' which is a very pleasent change compared to how this usually plays out. 

        Loading editor
    • https://twitter.com/DanPovenmire/status/1164726726926065664?s=19 Soooo, is Dan a Milanda shipper or not, guys?

        Loading editor
    • Hi, I'm Mr.H wrote: https://twitter.com/DanPovenmire/status/1164726726926065664?s=19 Soooo, is Dan a Milanda shipper or not, guys?

      Sounds like he is.....

        Loading editor
    • I wouldn't say it's blatantly obvious per se, but it is remarkable that this specific Tweet, the one with the #Milanda tag and the Milanda pic, is the one Tweet asking for Season 3 that Dan personally has retweeted.

        Loading editor
    • Arend wrote: I wouldn't say it's blatantly obvious per se, but it is remarkable that this specific Tweet, the one with the #Milanda tag and the Milanda pic, is the one Tweet asking for Season 3 that Dan personally has retweeted.

      Yeah, and that Tweet is dated to after the airing of Sphere and Loathing too. Very, very interesting. Sounds like Dan really wants season 3, which we already know, but it sounds like he really, really wants to write Amanda as Milo’s girlfriend.

        Loading editor
    • Tlong0038 wrote:

      Arend wrote: I wouldn't say it's blatantly obvious per se, but it is remarkable that this specific Tweet, the one with the #Milanda tag and the Milanda pic, is the one Tweet asking for Season 3 that Dan personally has retweeted.

      Yeah, and that Tweet is dated to after the airing of Sphere and Loathing too. Very, very interesting. Sounds like Dan really wants season 3, which we already know, but it sounds like he really, really wants to write Amanda as Milo’s girlfriend.

      Sorry, MiloLissa and former MiloLissa shippers, the creator has spoken. Ya want season 3, start converting to MilLanda. I am...really she is NOT a bad character at all and I am really startting to warm up to her. I wouldn;t even mind if she became a main character now. 

      Amd hey, it WOULD be nice to see someone like Milo catch a break. He already has two best friends who love him no matter what in spire of Murphy;s Law, why not a girlfriend? Hell with her organizational skilled and planning talents she could end up helping Milo through it. They're both great organizers if they put their skills together Murphy;s Law would be a walk in the park! 

      Who says Nice guys have to finish last, ya know what I mean? Let the nice guy get the dream girl, ya know? Let the nice guy get the girl! 

        Loading editor
    • Arend wrote:
      I wouldn't say it's blatantly obvious per se, but it is remarkable that this specific Tweet, the one with the #Milanda tag and the Milanda pic, is the one Tweet asking for Season 3 that Dan personally has retweeted.

      That pic is cute. Ya wanna be alone, guys? LOL!

      One thing I do like about this ship now that I was really paying attention to it, is how different it is compared to all the other 'Main character gets crush on pretty girl' scenerios on other shows.

      Milo never acted like a goofball around Amanda, nor did he ever pretend to be something he wasn;t just to impress her. He did nothing but be his own cheerful, happy, and helpful self. And he never helped her JUST to show off to her, he genuinely cared for her and her feelings and sincerely wanted to help.

      He never lied to her about anything and didn't pretend to be anything he wasn't. He managed to win Amanda just by being himself and letting Amanda see for herself what kind of a person he really was instead of pretending like a lot of teen boys in other shows do to try to win their crush. 

        Loading editor
    • Yeah, the dynamic of how Milo and Amanda’s relationship has evolved over the course of the series is very, very different than in most animated series aimed at tween/teen audience. At no point did Milo ever actually intentionally pursue Amanda. All he ever did was just try to talk to her and be a shoulder to lean on when he thought she needed one. I’ve before and I’ll say again they have a really well written and very organic feeling relationship.

        Loading editor
    • MelissaFan1 wrote:
      Tlong0038 wrote:

      Arend wrote: I wouldn't say it's blatantly obvious per se, but it is remarkable that this specific Tweet, the one with the #Milanda tag and the Milanda pic, is the one Tweet asking for Season 3 that Dan personally has retweeted.

      Yeah, and that Tweet is dated to after the airing of Sphere and Loathing too. Very, very interesting. Sounds like Dan really wants season 3, which we already know, but it sounds like he really, really wants to write Amanda as Milo’s girlfriend.
      Sorry, MiloLissa and former MiloLissa shippers, the creator has spoken. Ya want season 3, start converting to MilLanda. I am...really she is NOT a bad character at all and I am really startting to warm up to her. I wouldn;t even mind if she became a main character now. 

      Amd hey, it WOULD be nice to see someone like Milo catch a break. He already has two best friends who love him no matter what in spire of Murphy;s Law, why not a girlfriend? Hell with her organizational skilled and planning talents she could end up helping Milo through it. They're both great organizers if they put their skills together Murphy;s Law would be a walk in the park! 

      Who says Nice guys have to finish last, ya know what I mean? Let the nice guy get the dream girl, ya know? Let the nice guy get the girl! 

      (Yami Yugi voice) The show proper is not the only avenue for Milo/Melissa shippers...is it now? We are all creators and we can all rewrite the show's history how we see fit...if we put our minds to it.

      Yeah, sorry...I can't do Dan Green's Yugi voice.

        Loading editor
    • I may be dense...but who is Yami Yugi?

        Loading editor
    • MelissaFan1 wrote: I may be dense...but who is Yami Yugi?

      Protagonist of Yu-Gi-Oh ("The King of Games"), a manga about various types of games that eventually focused on the fictional Magic the Gathering-esque playing card game "Duel Monsters", as did the anime adaptation Green was referencing (specifically the English dub by 4Kids). Yu-Gi-Oh Duel Monsters was so popular that it became a real card game too.

        Loading editor
    • Arend wrote:

      MelissaFan1 wrote: I may be dense...but who is Yami Yugi?

      Protagonist of Yu-Gi-Oh, a manga about "The King of Games" that eventually focused on the fictional Magic the Gathering-esque playing card game "Duel Monsters", as did the anime adaptation Green was referencing (specifically the English dub by 4Kids). Yu-Gi-Oh Duel Monsters was so popular that it became a real card game too.

      Oh right, him. I haven;t even seen Yu-Gi-Oh in years, so I kinda forgot about that. 

        Loading editor
    • MelissaFan1 wrote:
      Arend wrote:

      MelissaFan1 wrote: I may be dense...but who is Yami Yugi?

      Protagonist of Yu-Gi-Oh, a manga about "The King of Games" that eventually focused on the fictional Magic the Gathering-esque playing card game "Duel Monsters", as did the anime adaptation Green was referencing (specifically the English dub by 4Kids). Yu-Gi-Oh Duel Monsters was so popular that it became a real card game too.
      Oh right, him. I haven;t even seen Yu-Gi-Oh in years, so I kinda forgot about that. 

      It's been a while since the English dub was seen anywhere other than online. I remember getting up at 7 AM to catch the 8:30 AM debut of Yu-Gi-Oh! on WB channel 11 on 9/29/2001...got me hooked from episode 1.

        Loading editor
    • GreenHornet wrote:
      MelissaFan1 wrote:
      Arend wrote:

      MelissaFan1 wrote: I may be dense...but who is Yami Yugi?

      Protagonist of Yu-Gi-Oh, a manga about "The King of Games" that eventually focused on the fictional Magic the Gathering-esque playing card game "Duel Monsters", as did the anime adaptation Green was referencing (specifically the English dub by 4Kids). Yu-Gi-Oh Duel Monsters was so popular that it became a real card game too.
      Oh right, him. I haven;t even seen Yu-Gi-Oh in years, so I kinda forgot about that. 
      It's been a while since the English dub was seen anywhere other than online. I remember getting up at 7 AM to catch the 8:30 AM debut of Yu-Gi-Oh! on WB channel 11 on 9/29/2001...got me hooked from episode 1.

      Yeah...I was never into that kind of anime. I'm more into the adult swim Toonami anime like Cowboy Bebop and Ghost In The Shell

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.