FANDOM


  • Clearly we're all dismayed about 'Sphere And Loathing' and we've all been disenfranchised about the ending of said episode. I figure I'd start a place here on the Wiki where you guys can vent your frustrations, possibly share your theories about how there could be a change in the show (if at all possible) or what you think will happen outside what we ended up seeing.

    This is a place for you, my fellow Milolissa shippers...away from the chaos, away from the Zalissa shippers.

      Loading editor
    • While I don't have anything against the Zalissa shippers (a lot of them are good friends of mine), this is a decent idea for a  Discussion Board.

      If I ever have anything to discuss I'll post here!

        Loading editor
    • Well, I’m not exactly a MiloLissa shipper but I have to ask you guys one thing : Why does every MiloLissa fanfic always mistreats Bradley just because he hates Milo? I have literally read every Milolissa fanfic I could find and every single one of them portrayed Bradley as he is some kind of jerk.

        Loading editor
    • Well TMMLWG portrays Bradley as a nice person who is trying to better himself, and he's a Milolissa shipper. And plus, I love Bradley! But you got to admit, he can be a jerk at times in the show.

        Loading editor
    • While it is true that I portray Bradley in a way nicer light than most, Mr.H has a point: Many fanfics make him a jerk.

      To be fair, he is in the show, but that doesn't make it ok.

        Loading editor
    • Yeah, maybe I am misremembering, but Bradley has been nothing but rude to Milo in canon, even though Milo treats him with the utmost politeness, which is typical Milo, just as he does Elliot. The difference between Elliot and Bradley, however, is that Milo’s relationship with Elliot began to change at least to an extant in Dog Walker, Runner, Screamer and we actually got an explanation for why Elliot is the way he is in Safety First. We have yet see the same evolution in Milo’s relationship with Bradley.

        Loading editor
    • I haven't read most of these Milissa fics (nor am I interested to do so), but I should point out that in two early episodes, Bradley appears to have a crush on Melissa. I think that is one important factor why the Milissa writers bash on Bradley a lot aside from his canon behavior, because certain immature shippers tend to make certain characters that get in the way of their ship worse than they actually are. There's a good bunch of Timmy/Tootie fanfics that bash on Trixie and/or amplify her jerkiness a lot, for example.

      Generally, I hate character bashing, especially when it happens to some of my favorite characters. And since it happens a lot to characters getting in the way of one's OTP, it is one reason why I don't like it when these Milissa shippers bash on Amanda.

        Loading editor
    • I TOTALLY agree with your point, Arend, but I must say on behalf of some Milolissa fanfic writers: We don't all bash Amanda. OrangeRatchet, Green Hornet, Me... We treat her right. Heck, my Amanda has an arc coming up and is one of the biggest characters in the last story of my AU.

        Loading editor
    • GreenHornet
      GreenHornet removed this reply because:
      Didn't intend to send this one.
      02:32, October 4, 2019
      This reply has been removed
    • The Milo Murphy's Law Wiki Guy wrote:
      I TOTALLY agree with your point, Arend, but I must say on behalf of some Milolissa fanfic writers: We don't all bash Amanda. OrangeRatchet, Green Hornet, Me... We treat her right. Heck, my Amanda has an arc coming up and is one of the biggest characters in the last story of my AU.

      Can't wait for Phase 2, by the way!

      I guess now would be a bad time to mention that I've gone so far as to open an impeachment inquiry against Zack...

        Loading editor
    • How about a new subject for this conversation: What is your favorite Milolissa episode and fanfic (that isn't yours)?

      For me, it would have to be "The Llama Incident" or "Missing Milo" (they are the closest we really get to seeing these two as a potential couple in the show) and for fanfic, I think it might just be "Hard Rejection" by OrangeRatchet!

        Loading editor
    • The Milo Murphy's Law Wiki Guy wrote: How about a new subject for this conversation: What is your favorite Milolissa episode and fanfic (that isn't yours)?

      For me, it would have to be "The Llama Incident" or "Missing Milo" (they are the closest we really get to seeing these two as a potential couple in the show) and for fanfic, I think it might just be "Hard Rejection" by OrangeRatchet!

      Good save as always! Fave episode is 'Missing Milo'. Favorite fanfic...'Quiet Night Under The Stars' or the ongoing 'Case of the Mysterious Etching'.

        Loading editor
    • Ooh, those are good too! I've been waiting for Etching to continue for a long time!

      Out of interest, what would you say is my best Milolissa fic, Hornet?

        Loading editor
    • The Milo Murphy's Law Wiki Guy wrote:
      Ooh, those are good too! I've been waiting for Etching to continue for a long time!

      Out of interest, what would you say is my best Milolissa fic, Hornet?

      Definitely 'Holding Hands'!

        Loading editor
    • Aw, thanks! I love that one too! (though I think my personal fave might be Never Tired of You or Fun Day).

      Also, I think that a certain Trilogy that comes out in Phase 3 will become your new favorite once it comes out...

        Loading editor
    • I really have to ask this a-little-bit-off-topic question bcoz it has been running inside my head for nearly a month now and if I don’t ask, my head is going to explode. Do you guys know about this Orange Ratchet? Who exactly is he? And is he active on our Wiki? P/s: And appearantly he is a Milolissa shipper

        Loading editor
    • Orange Ratchet is a fanfiction author who isn't on the wiki. They have quite a few... Disgusting stories, but some admittedly good and clean ones.

        Loading editor
    • The Milo Murphy's Law Wiki Guy wrote: Orange Ratchet is a fanfiction author who isn't on the wiki. They have quite a few... Disgusting stories, but some admittedly good and clean ones.

      Weird. The Timxie fics I read from him are quite clean. I don't ever recall him writing anything dirty or disgusting.

      Then again, he has written a ton of fanfics, and those said Timxie fics are only a small margin.

        Loading editor
    • The Milo Murphy's Law Wiki Guy wrote: How about a new subject for this conversation: What is your favorite Milolissa episode and fanfic (that isn't yours)?

      For me, it would have to be "The Llama Incident" or "Missing Milo" (they are the closest we really get to seeing these two as a potential couple in the show) and for fanfic, I think it might just be "Hard Rejection" by OrangeRatchet!

      Ouch. Of all the Milissa fics in the world, why has the one that hurts me as a Milanda fan to be your favorite?

        Loading editor
    • Arend wrote:

      The Milo Murphy's Law Wiki Guy wrote: Orange Ratchet is a fanfiction author who isn't on the wiki. They have quite a few... Disgusting stories, but some admittedly good and clean ones.

      Weird. The Timxie fics I read from him are quite clean. I don't ever recall him writing anything dirty or disgusting.

      Then again, he has written a ton of fanfics, and those said Timxie fics are only a small margin.

      All of his stories are at most a T rating, so I don't know how any of them are dirty or disgusting.

        Loading editor
    • Hornet, he once wrote a Milolissa lemon.

      Arend, why is that your least favorite? Amanda lets Milo down easily because she likes him, and she makes sure that he doesn't get hurt!

        Loading editor
    • The Milo Murphy's Law Wiki Guy wrote:
      Hornet, he once wrote a Milolissa lemon.

      Arend, why is that your least favorite? Amanda lets Milo down easily because she likes him, and she makes sure that he doesn't get hurt!

      Orange Ratchet wrote a Milolissa lemon? Are you referring to that April Fools' Day prank fic 'Milo's Big Surprise'?

        Loading editor
    • Oh shit, I just went through the entire thing, and apparently, I was mistaking it for someone else's fanfiction. Jesus, I don't know how I made that mistake.

        Loading editor
    • The Milo Murphy's Law Wiki Guy wrote: Oh shit, I just went through the entire thing, and apparently, I was mistaking it for someone else's fanfiction. Jesus, I don't know how I made that mistake.

      Wait, who wrote that one, then?

        Loading editor
    • Um... I'd rather not say.

        Loading editor
    • The Milo Murphy's Law Wiki Guy wrote:

      Arend, why is that your least favorite? Amanda lets Milo down easily because she likes him, and she makes sure that he doesn't get hurt!

      I reread the fic a little, and what you said isn't exactly what I'm getting out of it.

      The reason why Milo is so hurt in this fanfic is not just because Amanda simply didn't return his feelings, but foremost because Amanda believes Milo is a danger to hang out with, and that she doesn't want to live with someone who's cursed with Murphy's Law.

      I dunno about you, but that sounds a little bit like a nicer version of what Elliot would normally say to Milo. And this time, it definitely did hurt Milo's feelings hard.

      "Makes sure that he doesn't get hurt". The fanfic is called Hard Rejection for a reason!

      As it was written right after Smooth Opera-tor aired, this was clearly written without any thought of progression for Amanda in mind. Written by a Milissa fan who believes Milanda wouldn't go anywhere, despite the fact that Smooth Opera-tor was was the only bit of shipping at the moment, and it was waaay too early to tell.

      And the prediction was wrong, anyway: not only did Amanda learn to hang out with Milo in spite of Murphy's Law and accept it, but she began crushing back. That was already signaled in the ending of School Dance, but became official as of several Season 2 episodes.

      Overall, he wrote Amanda as prejudiced as Bradley or Elliot (making her seem a bit cruel), and the fanfic became horribly outdated.

      I like Orange Ratchet's Timxie fics fine, and he's a really nice person from all the times I spoke to him, but Hard Rejection just makes me want to see a Milanda version in which Amanda does go on a date with Milo.

        Loading editor
    • You know what, it's okay if you do like Hard Rejection. After all, it's a Milissa fic, and that's what this topic is about. It's just my silly opinion as a Milanda fan.

        Loading editor
    • Honestly, I haven't read it in forever. If this is true, then I take it back, since I hate that kind of characterization.

        Loading editor
    • Can I ask you guys a question: What exactly do you guys see in Milissa that make you guys love the ship? I’m not a Milissa shipper, that’s why I’m very curious about it

        Loading editor
    • Hi, I'm Mr.H wrote:
      Can I ask you guys a question: What exactly do you guys see in Milissa that make you guys love the ship?

      I’m not a Milissa shipper, that’s why I’m very curious about it

      Milo and Melissa remind me a lot of Kim and Ron's dynamic from 'Kim Possible' - best friends who'd do anything for each other, possibly something more going on between them after 'Missing Milo'.

        Loading editor
    • In short...

      Melissa was Milo's only friend for 7 years. And she loves him for who he is, not for any other reason.

      Milo thinks Melissa is the most amazing thing and vice versa.

      They're always there for each other.

      In other words, there is no Milo without Melissa. They are soulmates.

        Loading editor
    • Wow, you guys really convinced me

        Loading editor
    • The Milo Murphy's Law Wiki Guy wrote:
      In short...

      Melissa was Milo's only friend for 7 years. And she loves him for who he is, not for any other reason.

      Milo thinks Melissa is the most amazing thing and vice versa.

      They're always there for each other.

      In other words, there is no Milo without Melissa. They are soulmates.

      Just wait until I get to 'Emotion Sickness' and 'So The Drama' in my Kim Possible AU!

        Loading editor
    • The Milo Murphy's Law Wiki Guy wrote:
      In short...

      Melissa was Milo's only friend for 7 years. And she loves him for who he is, not for any other reason.

      Milo thinks Melissa is the most amazing thing and vice versa.

      They're always there for each other.

      In other words, there is no Milo without Melissa. They are soulmates.

      I like the idea of Milo and Melissa as soulmates. I may steal that. Otherwise, I agree. Milo and Melissa simply have a very, very deep friendship, almost to the point where Milo doesn't really draw a distinction between Melissa and the rest of his family. I tend to see their relationship as a counterpoint to Phineas's relationship with Ferb. They are almost two halves of the same person.

        Loading editor
    • A good comparison, Tiong!

        Loading editor
    • The Milo Murphy's Law Wiki Guy wrote:
      A good comparison, Tiong!

      Thanks. Milo is only one of my all time favourite fictional people, so I'm not biased at all.

        Loading editor
    • Just a thing I wanted to mention, I'm sorry if my comment hurts you. Maybe we should understand romantic love isn't everything. For example, Phineas and Ferb, Dakota and Cavendish share a strong bond, which is not related to romance. Friendship is strong itself, and just making a favourite duo of two different genders a couple, would just, you know, limit our perceptions. Hope that helps!

        Loading editor
    • I don't think you did anything wrong. You just expressed an opinion. And it's true, just because a man and a woman are friends doesn't mean they're destined for love. Your statements are absolutely valid!

        Loading editor
    • Beaker09 wrote: Just a thing I wanted to mention, I'm sorry if my comment hurts you. Maybe we should understand romantic love isn't everything. For example, Phineas and Ferb, Dakota and Cavendish share a strong bond, which is not related to romance. Friendship is strong itself, and just making a favourite duo of two different genders a couple, would just, you know, limit our perceptions. Hope that helps!

      This. This is what I feel about Milo and Melissa right now: a strong, platonic bond.

      There's actually not just one kind of love. The Greeks of old have in fact determined seven or eight types of love:

      • Eros - Romantic and/or sexual love
      • Philia - Love between friends and teammates; affectionate and/or platonic love
      • Storge - Familial love (for family and close friends)
      • Agape - Love for humanity; unconditional love
      • Ludus - Playful love; infatuation (flirting, etc)
      • Pragma - Enduring, long-lasting love
      • Philautia - Self-love
      • Mania - Obsessive love (also the only bad kind of the bunch)

      A lot of Milissa fans expect Milo and Melissa to become a mix of Eros and Pragma, when currently all that is shown is Philia and Storge. Milanda, on the other hand, has currently shown Philia and Ludus, same with Zalissa.

      Fun fact: the old Greeks actually found Philia more important than Eros, as it was a love between people that considered themselves "equals". They actually thought Eros was a dangerous kind of love, as they believed humans have the instinctual impulse to breed, which was so powerful that they could easily lose control.

      Platonic love is also named after Plato, as the philosopher argued that physical attraction wasn't necessary for love.

        Loading editor
    • Ok, let's change the subject again, to something a little more fun:

      Pitch your version of Milo Murphy's Law with Milolissa. Start from scratch with S1 and tell me how would you do it.

      Mine would be my AU, but I might make a revision to that here.

        Loading editor
    • Arend wrote:

      Beaker09 wrote: Just a thing I wanted to mention, I'm sorry if my comment hurts you. Maybe we should understand romantic love isn't everything. For example, Phineas and Ferb, Dakota and Cavendish share a strong bond, which is not related to romance. Friendship is strong itself, and just making a favourite duo of two different genders a couple, would just, you know, limit our perceptions. Hope that helps!

      This. This is what I feel about Milo and Melissa right now: a strong, platonic bond.

      There's actually not just one kind of love. The Greeks of old have in fact determined seven or eight types of love:

      • Eros - Romantic and/or sexual love
      • Philia - Love between friends and teammates; affectionate and/or platonic love
      • Storge - Familial love (for family and close friends)
      • Agape - Love for humanity; unconditional love
      • Ludus - Playful love; infatuation (flirting, etc)
      • Pragma - Enduring, long-lasting love
      • Philautia - Self-love
      • Mania - Obsessive love (also the only bad kind of the bunch)

      A lot of Milissa fans expect Milo and Melissa to become a mix of Eros and Pragma, when currently all that is shown is Philia and Storge. Milanda, on the other hand, has currently shown Philia and Ludus, same with Zalissa.

      Fun fact: the old Greeks actually found Philia more important than Eros, as it was a love between people that considered themselves "equals". They actually thought Eros was a dangerous kind of love, as they believed humans have the instinctual impulse to breed, which was so powerful that they could easily lose control.

      Platonic love is also named after Plato, as the philosopher argued that physical attraction wasn't necessary for love.

      True that, Arend. I wish other types of love would get more attention.

        Loading editor
    • The Milo Murphy's Law Wiki Guy wrote:
      Ok, let's change the subject again, to something a little more fun:

      Pitch your version of Milo Murphy's Law with Milolissa. Start from scratch with S1 and tell me how would you do it.

      Mine would be my AU, but I might make a revision to that here.

      Now...I am no good at pitching. Let's make that point blank right now. I might have to get back to you on that.

        Loading editor
    • The Milo Murphy's Law Wiki Guy wrote:
      Ok, let's change the subject again, to something a little more fun:

      Pitch your version of Milo Murphy's Law with Milolissa. Start from scratch with S1 and tell me how would you do it.

      Mine would be my AU, but I might make a revision to that here.

      Okay...so 1 season 1 episode I know I would change slightly would be 'Smooth Opera-tor'. Here's how:

      It would still be a Milanda revelation episode, but there would also be more of a focus on Melissa and how she handles things from her point of view, her thoughts on everything. Physically, she kept cool; but in my version, in her thoughts...she may be, in Monique-speak, "jellin'" of Milo's crush on Amanda. This would also set up a 'Melissa Jealousy' story arc, as well.

        Loading editor
    • GreenHornet wrote:
      The Milo Murphy's Law Wiki Guy wrote:
      Ok, let's change the subject again, to something a little more fun:

      Pitch your version of Milo Murphy's Law with Milolissa. Start from scratch with S1 and tell me how would you do it.

      Mine would be my AU, but I might make a revision to that here.

      Okay...so 1 season 1 episode I know I would change slightly would be 'Smooth Opera-tor'. Here's how:

      It would still be a Milanda revelation episode, but there would also be more of a focus on Melissa and how she handles things from her point of view, her thoughts on everything. Physically, she kept cool; but in my version, in her thoughts...she may be, in Monique-speak, "jellin'" of Milo's crush on Amanda. This would also set up a 'Melissa Jealousy' story arc, as well.

      And this would be the lineup of episodes in the Melissa Jealousy Arc:

      Smooth Opera-tor

      School Dance

      Managing Murphy's Law

      Cake 'Splosion

      Spy Little Sister

      Ride Along Little Doggie

      Escape

      It would all come to a head in Sphere and Loathing In Outer Space as Melissa worries for Milo's safety, finally starting to consider how she really feels about her best friend and if she ever will get the chance to tell him. Think 'Kim Possible: So The Drama' for the Dwampyverse for my revision of the S2 finale.

        Loading editor
    • 'Missing Milo' would also set up a Milo/Melissa centered arc and here would be the lineup for that:

      Going The Extra Milo

      Rooting For The Enemy

      The Doctor Zone Files

      The Note

      Party Of Peril

      Worked Day

      Wilder West

      Murphy's Lard

      The Little Engine That Couldn't

      The Llama Incident

      Missing Milo

      World Without Milo

      Sick Day

      Picture Day

      Abducting Murphy's Law

      Spy Little Sister

      Mid-Afternoon Snack Club

      Escape

      Milo In Space

      Sphere And Loathing In Outer Space

        Loading editor
    • Do we really need a page for "List of kisses"?

        Loading editor
    • Anonymous1706 wrote: Do we really need a page for "List of kisses"?

      I question that too, but why ask that here?

        Loading editor
    • Anonymous1706 wrote:
      Do we really need a page for "List of kisses"?

      I question the inclusion of that page as well. Can we please get back to Wiki Guy's topic?

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.