FANDOM


  • I wanted to show you this vid I found on the internet, but from the comments, you already beat me to it:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ljKVitNdgw&t=88s

    Sigh...poor Dan and Swampy. It looks like Phineas and Ferb ARE going to become the next Simpsons. Wether they want it to or not. 

      Loading editor
    • What does a new spinoff show, an UNCONFIRMED, RUMORED spinoff show at that, make PnF "the next Simpsons"? It's not going to be Season 5 for sure, and the Simpsons continued with over 30 additional seasons WITHOUT spinoff shows. We don't even know if Phineas and Ferb will go through seasonal rot the way the Simpsons did.

      And like I said earlier, NONE OF THIS IS EVEN CONFIRMED. It's ALL speculation. We DON'T KNOW if this is really gonna happen at all. WHY TREAT IT LIKE IT IS REAL?

      And even if it will be a reality, a new spinoff show from Phineas and Ferb set in the next summer that could potentially bring in Milo Murphy's Law characters and have a similar, overarching structure, actually sounds a lot more plausible and preferable over MMLWG's rather pessimistic prediction that Phineas and Ferb will get a Season 5 that's set before the finale.


      Look, I know you really hate the idea that Milo gets shafted over more Phineas and Ferb by the network, but that doesn't mean you have to believe every theory that supports such a thing. Right now, all we know for sure is that Candace Against the Universe is coming and still worked on (even during the Corona crisis, as Dan, Swampy and co are working at their respective homes - Dan even made a rap video about it). Nothing else is confirmed so far, so it's not a good idea to panic about it right now.

        Loading editor
    • Did ya also see that someone added to Milo's profile that he was gonna cameo in the new Phineas and Ferb movie, but someone else deleted it.  

      Yeah, cause that would make no sense at all if he was! Cause of this movie takes place BEFORE Milo, Phineas and Ferb wouldn;t even have met him yet! Best they could do was maybe a twp second walk on cameo where he would probably just be pased by on the street and not really heard. 

        Loading editor
    • The person likely thought so because:

      1. Dan and Swampy have said that we might have some Milo Murphy's Law cameos in Candace Against the Universe.
      2. Weird Al listed on his website that he'll have a role in Candace Against the Universe. Anyone who visits the wiki daily SHOULD know because I reported this about two weeks ago.

      The reason it was removed from Milo's page is because there's no confirmation that Al will voice Milo; he could be voicing a new character altogether.

      But, it's totally possible that he COULD be voicing Milo. And whether Milo would make just a cameo or has some plot relevance, it's very possible without him ever meeting Phineas and Ferb in the movie either way.

        Loading editor
    • Arend wrote:
      The person likely thought so because:
      1. Dan and Swampy have said that we might have some Milo Murphy's Law cameos in Candace Against the Universe.
      2. Weird Al listed on his website that he'll have a role in Candace Against the Universe. Anyone who visits the wiki daily SHOULD know because I reported this about two weeks ago.

      The reason it was removed from Milo's page is because there's no confirmation that Al will voice Milo; he could be voicing a new character altogether.

      But, it's totally possible that he COULD be voicing Milo. And whether Milo would make just a cameo or has some plot relevance, it's very possible without him ever meeting Phineas and Ferb in the movie either way.

      I'd put my money on a different character. It wouldn't make too much sense to have Milo in a Phineas and Ferb movie that takes place BEFORE The Phineas and Ferb Effect. Unless he does have a walk on cameo, but then he wouldn;t have anyone to interact with cause no one knew him yet, not even Dr D. Same with Melissa and Zack.  Unless there's a scene with Melissa and Milo talking and they pass them or something. Not Zack cause he wouodn;t have moved there yet. 

      If Al is in it.l I;d say he;s voicing someone new. 

        Loading editor
    • I do agree with all you said, Arend, but I do have to say that my prediction (albiet pessimistic) comes from the logical assumption that a nostalgia obsessed company far more interested in remakes than continuations who saw how Dan and Swampy NOT doing Phineas and Ferb didn't bring them success, and considering the fact that it\s hard to see them do a sequel show that's not in summer (it's basically a rule of Dwampy to never do that) or a few years later (again, hard to see that), it wouldn't surprise me if that's what happens.

      Of course, that's just a prediction. I could be (and I hope I am) totally wrong!

        Loading editor
    • The Milo Murphy's Law Wiki Guy wrote:
      I do agree with all you said, Arend, but I do have to say that my prediction (albiet pessimistic) comes from the logical assumption that a nostalgia obsessed company far more interested in remakes than continuations who saw how Dan and Swampy NOT doing Phineas and Ferb didn't bring them success, 

      It didn't bring them success because DISNEY DIDN;T PROMOTE IT ENOUGH! Disney XD was the only one who gave it any form of respect, it was the only one that advertised it and put it in a decent time slot. But the problem is that not everyone HAS Disney XD, and Disney Channel- FORGET IT!! Putting it on at like 7 in the mornign with hardly ANY advertising at all. It was like they were trying to deliberatly sabatage the show as punishment to Dan and Swampy for ending Disney's cash cow! 

      I can only imagine how they might treat the creators of Ducktales if they ever decide to end it! 

      If they only treated Milo with half the love they gave to Phineas and Ferb it WOULD have been JUST as big! 

      Sigh...Disney never USED to be so obsessed with Nostalgia...they seem to have started this when Eisner left.

        Loading editor
    • Well, I mean, we know this, that's now what I came to say. Besides, it does feel like Dan and Swampy are a little too interested in repeating what they've done before.

        Loading editor
    • The Milo Murphy's Law Wiki Guy wrote:
      Well, I mean, we know this, that's now what I came to say. Besides, it does feel like Dan and Swampy are a little too interested in repeating what they've done before.

      But that's not what I heard! I heard Disney told Dan and Swampy to make this movie by not greenlighting more Milo until they do! Besides Dan and Swampy kept saying that ended Phineas and Ferb because they DIDN'T want it to become like Spongebob or The Simpsons! Why would they suddenly turn around and contradict that?! 

        Loading editor
    • ok, so first of all, I am just theorizing

        Loading editor
    • secondly, you heard something. Who is to say that's true?

        Loading editor
    • and considering the plot of this movie is MORE OF THE SAME, and S2 of Milo was basically one very long Doof segment, with Phineas and ferb cameos that just sort of existed, you have to wonder

        Loading editor
    • also yeah already

        Loading editor
    • The Milo Murphy's Law Wiki Guy wrote:
      and considering the plot of this movie is MORE OF THE SAME, and S2 of Milo was basically one very long Doof segment, with Phineas and ferb cameos that just sort of existed, you have to wonder

      Who;s to say Disney didn;t tell Dan and Swampy to include Doof in it, he was the most popular character in Phineas and Ferb. OR Dan and Swampy put him in there so Disney would notice Milo and give him a chance. Like, "OK, we know you're upset that we ended Phineas and Ferb so here;s a cross-over with them and Doof is a character in the show now, OK?" 

      But apparently for Disney...NOT OK. They wanted Phineas and Ferb or nothing. 

      Yeah, and if this movie is just one long Phineas and Ferb ep, it;s why I don;t think Milo will cameo in it at all, it wouldn't make any sense. If Weird Al is in it he'll probably be another character.

      Sigh...this company hasn;t been the same at all since Eisner left, it;'s gotten way too liberal.  

        Loading editor
    • Uh, Colleen, you are aware that Michael Eisner isn't exactly a saint either, right? (A.k.a, see Roy Disney's (second) "Save Disney" campaign). Also, "liberal" might be too political of a word to use here.

        Loading editor
    • agreed

        Loading editor
    • Arend wrote:
      Uh, Colleen, you are aware that Michael Eisner isn't exactly a saint either, right? (A.k.a, see Roy Disney's (second) "Save Disney" campaign). Also, "liberal" might be too political of a word to use here.

      I never said he was, I just said that when he left things started to really go downhill. 

        Loading editor
    • MelissaFan1 wrote:

      Arend wrote:
      Uh, Colleen, you are aware that Michael Eisner isn't exactly a saint either, right? (A.k.a, see Roy Disney's (second) "Save Disney" campaign). Also, "liberal" might be too political of a word to use here.

      I never said he was, I just said that when he left things started to really go downhill. 

      I dunno, man. During Bob Iger's time, Dan and Swampy finally got Phineas and Ferb to air (which back then, was a 17 year old concept that was denied by tons of networks, including Disney). Without Phineas and Ferb, we would've never had Milo Murphy's Law in the first place!

      I understand that Disney buying other companies is looked down upon, and Star Wars has become a bit worse when Disney bought out LucasFilms, and that Chicken Little screened in the midst of Eisner's departure, and that Disney nowadays is focused too much on making mediocre live-action remakes of their older classics, but the Iger period also brought some good stuff, like a new age of animated movies (Tangled, Wreck-It Ralph, Frozen, Zootopia, etc.) and a bunch of great animated series like Gravity Falls and Wander Over Yonder. Sounds pretty uphill to me compared to stuff Home on the Range and the tidal wave of mediocre straight-to-video Disney sequels.

        Loading editor
    • Arend wrote:

      MelissaFan1 wrote:

      Arend wrote:
      Uh, Colleen, you are aware that Michael Eisner isn't exactly a saint either, right? (A.k.a, see Roy Disney's (second) "Save Disney" campaign). Also, "liberal" might be too political of a word to use here.
      I never said he was, I just said that when he left things started to really go downhill. 
      I dunno, man. During Bob Iger's time, Dan and Swampy finally got Phineas and Ferb to air (which back then, was a 17 year old concept that was denied by tons of networks, including Disney). Without Phineas and Ferb, we would've never had Milo Murphy's Law in the first place!

      I understand that Disney buying other companies is looked down upon, and Star Wars has become a bit worse when Disney bought out LucasFilms, 

      But unfortunately Iger also doesn;t know how to let sleeping dogs lie, if you will! He has a cash cow and he won;t take 'we want to end this now' for an answer. Not to mention he obviously favors other shows unfairly. The way he treated Milo was so unfair, especially when you consider that Phineas and Ferb was being rerun constantly.

      He renewed Ducktales for a second season before the 1st season was even halfway done! And then for a third before the 2nd season even started airing! Not to mention how last summer it aired at least 12 times a day! 

      HA! A BIT worse? Make it a LOT worse! Not one person I know loved the whole new trilogy at all! Everyone hated the direction it took and many don;t even consider it canon at all!

        Loading editor
    • I'm not entirely sure how much of a say Iger has on the Disney TVA side of things, but renewing DuckTales before the show had the chance to prove itself doesn't mean it's a bad show. Not at all, in fact, it's really good. I know you get sick and tired of DuckTales airing multiple times a day, but objectively speaking, the show is actually really good (one of the very best reboots of the 2010s).

      As for the Star Wars thing... well, people liked The Force Awakens. It actually was The Last Jedi when thing were going sour in the new trilogy. And Phineas and Ferb Star Wars, albeit noncanon, was one of the best things Disney brought since the LucasFilms buyout (they really should make a Milo Murphy's Law Star Wars, taking a PnFSW approach on Empire Strikes Back, btw).

        Loading editor
    • H'mm, that's funny, I guess I hate the new trilogy. After all, everyone hates it! Better dump all my appreciation for Force Awakens and Last Jedi, that Rey profile pic makes no sense now! Thank you for reminding me that I hate it! (Colleen, you're better than such a remark!)

        Loading editor
    • Arend wrote:
      I'm not entirely sure how much of a say Iger has on the Disney TVA side of things, but renewing DuckTales before the show had the chance to prove itself doesn't mean it's a bad show. Not at all, in fact, it's really good. I know you get sick and tired of DuckTales airing multiple times a day, but objectively speaking, the show is actually really good (one of the very best reboots of the 2010s).


      Never said it was a bad show (it was never my personal cup of tea, so I'll take you at your word) just saying that they're overdoing it! There IS such a thing as 'Too Much Of A Good Thing'.  Does it NEED to be shown 12 times a day? And they couldn;t spare just one half hour to show a rerun of Milo? All we ask is ONE half hour, but apparently that's too much! After all if they give up a half hour then they wouldn;t have their even dozen. 

      Hell I love shows too. I love Cowboy Bebop, Dr Stone, My Hero Academia, Road Rovers, The Masked Singer....but even I would get really sick of them if they were shown a dozen times a day every day! And Ducktales doesn;t have nearly as many eps as Phineas and Ferb do! You could memorize every single line from season 1 in a week!

        Loading editor
    • so you're just gonna ignore what I said

        Loading editor
    • The Milo Murphy's Law Wiki Guy wrote:
      so you're just gonna ignore what I said

      No I won;t. I'm sorry for what I said. I typed it quickly and without thinking, I just wanted to talk to Arend first. 

      But that is how I personally feel, that Rey got the Force Powers far too quickly and they should have included the same kind of training montage that Luke had with Yoda. It just didn;t make sense to me that she was able to figure out the Force and use it so fast, with no training. Plus I don;t know why the last movie was called Rise of Skywalker when it turned out Rey was Palpatine's Granddaughter and therefore not a Skywalker. 

      But if I did offended you with this I am really sorry. That was not my intention at all. 

        Loading editor
    • everything is ok, I just wanted to point out that what you said was wrong. You have very right to hate the new trilogy, and while I disagree with you (for example, the reason it's called Rise of Skywalker is cause Rey chose the name skywalker instead of Palpatine, because understandably, she doesn't want the last name of space, well, let's just say his earth counterpart isn't exactly a good person, if you get what I mean), that's ok! so don't feel bad.

        Loading editor
    • Arend wrote: The person likely thought so because:

      1. Dan and Swampy have said that we might have some Milo Murphy's Law cameos in Candace Against the Universe.
      2. Weird Al listed on his website that he'll have a role in Candace Against the Universe. Anyone who visits the wiki daily SHOULD know because I reported this about two weeks ago.

      The reason it was removed from Milo's page is because there's no confirmation that Al will voice Milo; he could be voicing a new character altogether.

      But, it's totally possible that he COULD be voicing Milo. And whether Milo would make just a cameo or has some plot relevance, it's very possible without him ever meeting Phineas and Ferb in the movie either way.

      Okay, update: Apparently, Dan Povenmire was holding an instagram stream with the girl he based Sara off, and he confirmed Weird Al was gonna have a line as Milo in Candace Against the Universe, but said line has been cut. Apparently, the reason for it was that they didn't want it seem like Milo has caused some serious chaos. So unfortunately, Milo's cameo seems to no longer be the case...

      On the flip side though, Dan did confirm another MML character will make a cameo... Trucker Ted. Voice line included.

      Got all this info from Phineas Flynn's Law on Twitter. He said that he'd release the entire stream as an unlisted video soon so lots of other people that missed the stream can view it.

        Loading editor
    • Arend wrote: So unfortunately, Milo's cameo seems to no longer be the case...

      And this is unfortunate because?

        Loading editor
    • Arend wrote:

      Arend wrote: The person likely thought so because:

      1. Dan and Swampy have said that we might have some Milo Murphy's Law cameos in Candace Against the Universe.
      2. Weird Al listed on his website that he'll have a role in Candace Against the Universe. Anyone who visits the wiki daily SHOULD know because I reported this about two weeks ago.

      The reason it was removed from Milo's page is because there's no confirmation that Al will voice Milo; he could be voicing a new character altogether.

      But, it's totally possible that he COULD be voicing Milo. And whether Milo would make just a cameo or has some plot relevance, it's very possible without him ever meeting Phineas and Ferb in the movie either way.

      Okay, update: Apparently, Dan Povenmire was holding an instagram stream with the girl he based Sara off, and he confirmed Weird Al was gonna have a line as Milo in Candace Against the Universe, but said line has been cut. Apparently, the reason for it was that they didn't want it seem like Milo has caused some serious chaos. So unfortunately, Milo's cameo seems to no longer be the case...

      On the flip side though, Dan did confirm another MML character will make a cameo... Trucker Ted. Voice line included.

      Got all this info from Phineas Flynn's Law on Twitter. He said that he'd release the entire stream as an unlisted video soon so lots of other people that missed the stream can view it.

      Sigh....unfortunate, but yeah, I can see where he was coming from. Wouldn;t be fair if people blamed poor Milo for things that were happening. Even though Milo never deliberately causes anything that happens, they just happen to happen around him. Not like he has Carrie-like powers or anything. 

      But then again, like I've been saying, a cameo by Milo wouldn;t make that much sense anyway, cause if Doof is still bad in this movie, this takes place before Phineas and Ferb even met Milo! 

        Loading editor
    • MelissaFan1 wrote:

      But then again, like I've been saying, a cameo by Milo wouldn;t make that much sense anyway, cause if Doof is still bad in this movie, this takes place before Phineas and Ferb even met Milo! 

      Exactly, so why is it unfortunate that Milo isn't making a cameo?

        Loading editor
    • Vozhan wrote:
      MelissaFan1 wrote:

      But then again, like I've been saying, a cameo by Milo wouldn;t make that much sense anyway, cause if Doof is still bad in this movie, this takes place before Phineas and Ferb even met Milo! 

      Exactly, so why is it unfortunate that Milo isn't making a cameo?

      Cause that might have been the last time we get to see him! :( 

        Loading editor
    • Not if there's enough of an increase in views on Disney+, and while I understand that seems highly unlikely at this point, I'm fine with Milo's last appearence being in his own show rather than him having a small cameo in a movie.

        Loading editor
    • Vozhan wrote:
      Not if there's enough of an increase in views on Disney+, and while I understand that seems highly unlikely at this point, I'm fine with Milo's last appearence being in his own show rather than him having a small cameo in a movie.

      Are they advertising it better than Disney channel did? (Not Disney XD, they actually treated it with respect) 

        Loading editor
    • I tried my hardest to refrain from speaking on this topic, but now it looks like I have to. Phineas and Ferb are NOT gonna turn into the next Simpsons! In fact, Dan and Swampy already have a pilot in the works for a 3rd show, likely for Disney. So it's not like Dan and Swampy are going anywhere anytime soon. The Dwampyverse is likely getting more fleshed out after CATU and if my hunch that this 3rd Dwampyverse show being for Disney is right (which it likely is), we may see a TRIPLE CROSSOVER between Dwampy Show 3, Phineas and Ferb and Milo.

      Honest to Swampy, is this what the Milo fanbase has become?

        Loading editor
    • GreenHornet wrote:
      I tried my hardest to refrain from speaking on this topic, but now it looks like I have to. Phineas and Ferb are NOT gonna turn into the next Simpsons! In fact, Dan and Swampy already have a pilot in the works for a 3rd show, likely for Disney. So it's not like Dan and Swampy are going anywhere anytime soon. The Dwampyverse is likely getting more fleshed out after CATU and if my hunch that this 3rd Dwampyverse show being for Disney is right (which it likely is), we may see a TRIPLE CROSSOVER between Dwampy Show 3, Phineas and Ferb and Milo.

      Honest to Swampy, is this what the Milo fanbase has become?

      I take it you're replying to the original post?

        Loading editor
    • Vozhan wrote:
      GreenHornet wrote:
      I tried my hardest to refrain from speaking on this topic, but now it looks like I have to. Phineas and Ferb are NOT gonna turn into the next Simpsons! In fact, Dan and Swampy already have a pilot in the works for a 3rd show, likely for Disney. So it's not like Dan and Swampy are going anywhere anytime soon. The Dwampyverse is likely getting more fleshed out after CATU and if my hunch that this 3rd Dwampyverse show being for Disney is right (which it likely is), we may see a TRIPLE CROSSOVER between Dwampy Show 3, Phineas and Ferb and Milo.

      Honest to Swampy, is this what the Milo fanbase has become?

      I take it you're replying to the original post?

      Yeah.

        Loading editor
    • MelissaFan1 wrote:

      Vozhan wrote:
      Not if there's enough of an increase in views on Disney+, and while I understand that seems highly unlikely at this point, I'm fine with Milo's last appearence being in his own show rather than him having a small cameo in a movie.

      Are they advertising it better than Disney channel did? (Not Disney XD, they actually treated it with respect) 

      I'd say it's decent. Milo Murphy's Law is listed in the Disney Channel collection, and pops up in the suggestions tab of shows such as Star vs the Forces of Evil, Big City Greens, Amphibia, Gravity Falls, Big Hero 6 the Series, and obviously Phineas and Ferb.

      It's unfortunately not that big of a hit, if Dan's words are to be believed. Otherwise we wouldn't need to beg others to watch the show on Disney+ in order for Milo to gain a spike in views. But overall, I don't think Milo is all too difficult to find on Disney+.

        Loading editor
    • Arend wrote:

      MelissaFan1 wrote:

      Vozhan wrote:
      Not if there's enough of an increase in views on Disney+, and while I understand that seems highly unlikely at this point, I'm fine with Milo's last appearence being in his own show rather than him having a small cameo in a movie.
      Are they advertising it better than Disney channel did? (Not Disney XD, they actually treated it with respect) 
      I'd say it's decent. Milo Murphy's Law is listed in the Disney Channel collection, and pops up in the suggestions tab of shows such as Star vs the Forces of Evil, Big City Greens, Amphibia, Gravity Falls, Big Hero 6 the Series, and obviously Phineas and Ferb.

      It's unfortunately not that big of a hit, if Dan's words are to be believed. Otherwise we wouldn't need to beg others to watch the show on Disney+ in order for Milo to gain a spike in views. But overall, I don't think Milo is all too difficult to find on Disney+.

      I didn;t mean was it difficult ti find, I meant do they advertise it down there, and how often do they? The only channel that ever did so was Disney XD, which was also the only channel to put it on at a decent time, and more than once a week until they pulled it off for more Ducktales (not complaining about Ducktales, just stating the facts) 

        Loading editor
    • ...Disney+ doesn't have advertisements of anything, from what I can tell. The closest I can think of is push notifications on new shows and films when they're made available for Disney+, but MML has been on the service since Day 1.

      Having no ads is actually a good thing because you can just binge a show without interruptions like that. Plus it's a paid service so there's no need for showing ads anyway

        Loading editor
    • Arend wrote:
      ...Disney+ doesn't have advertisements of anything, from what I can tell. The closest I can think of is push notifications on new shows and films when they're made available for Disney+, but MML has been on the service since Day 1.

      Having no ads is actually a good thing because you can just binge a show without interruptions like that. Plus it's a paid service so there's no need for showing ads anyway

      Well, I meant adds in between the shows not commercial-like adds in the middle of the shows. 

        Loading editor
    • When I said Disney+ didn't have ads, I meant that. None in the beginning, none in the end, none in the middle, and thus also none inbetween episodes (if you choose to go the next ep right after another). And I meant any kind of ad is a no-show, not just non-Disney commercials.

        Loading editor
    • Arend wrote:
      When I said Disney+ didn't have ads, I meant that. None in the beginning, none in the end, none in the middle, and thus also none inbetween episodes (if you choose to go the next ep right after another). And I meant any kind of ad is a no-show, not just non-Disney commercials.

      I know what you meant. I was just clarifying what I meant. 

        Loading editor
    • Arend wrote:
      When I said Disney+ didn't have ads, I meant that. None in the beginning, none in the end, none in the middle, and thus also none inbetween episodes (if you choose to go the next ep right after another). And I meant any kind of ad is a no-show, not just non-Disney commercials.

      Did you happen to see the Disney Sing-Along special tonight? It had well-known singers singing special Disney songs. The last person to sing was Sabrina Carpenter- Melissa! She sang "Your Mother and Mine" from Peter Pan! 

        Loading editor
    • MelissaFan1 wrote:
      Arend wrote:
      When I said Disney+ didn't have ads, I meant that. None in the beginning, none in the end, none in the middle, and thus also none inbetween episodes (if you choose to go the next ep right after another). And I meant any kind of ad is a no-show, not just non-Disney commercials.
      Did you happen to see the Disney Sing-Along special tonight? It had well-known singers singing special Disney songs. The last person to sing was Sabrina Carpenter- Melissa! She sang "Your Mother and Mine" from Peter Pan! 

      Colleen, you do realize Arend is from the Netherlands, right?

        Loading editor
    • GreenHornet wrote:

      Colleen, you do realize Arend is from the Netherlands, right?

      I mean, she should've. I do recall stating multiple times that I'm not American, and the banner atop my userpage and message wall says where I'm from as well...

        Loading editor
    • Arend wrote:

      GreenHornet wrote:

      Colleen, you do realize Arend is from the Netherlands, right?

      I mean, she should've. I do recall stating multiple times that I'm not American, and the banner atop my userpage and message wall says where I'm from as well...

      Had to snipe you on that one there.

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.